The **** you heard people say about firearms...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    "I want a nine, in fortay fie....."

Learned 9 was slang for semi auto...

"You got an extended clip for this hi pernt"

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The late twenty something guy with a younger guy with him buying 5.56 ammo at wal-mart opened the box of ammo and looked at every one of them. He found a small indentation in the case of a couple of cartridges and told the wal-mart sporting goods cashier "Dude. You need to send these bullets back to the manufacturer. (Think Spicoli ordering pizza in class.) These dents in the brass could cause a "catastrophic failure" that wal-mart will be responsible for. I'm not shooting these in my AR. I don't want a "catastrophic failure". Give me another box."

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Here is one that just came to mind; A guy tried to make me believe that a bullet from a rifle actually rises when it leaves the barrel. And he would have nothing of physics and science from me. So I asked him, "Then does that mean if you turn the gun on it's side and shoot it, the bullet will curve left or right?" He replies, "It still rises!" So then I asked, "How does the gun know when you are shooting it right side up?"

:doh:

Hahaha! I actually used that once when a dude just couldn't understand parallax error when I sighted his in high at 50 yds (was all the range I had) to be on at 100. Even after drawing and seeing the confusion in his eyes, I just said "bullets actually rise some when they leave the barrel". He all of a sudden showed a face like a light came on and said "ok!" Wow.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Anybody still have the picture of the Laser Judge?

pz8kjs3snbtm6qt7ns0.png

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I wasn't there, but I'm told that a fellow in the LGS pointed at an AK varient on the wall and asked it it went, Tadadadadada (imagine machine gun noises), or if it went bang, bang, bang.:mamoru:

Been there plenty of times when people asked for a fifdy-seven.

The lady who asked if it mattered which direction she loaded the shells into her new shotgun.

The guy at the Sponsor's banquet who asked if the CCI Blazer .22lr had brass or aluminum cartridge cases.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Years ago while shooting a "competition" at bayou dragon, someone came in and asked "is that a Chinese chopper and cutter?" Pointing to an AK-47.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I tried to buy a box of Winchester brand 308 Win at an LGS a while back & mentioned it was for my Remington 700. The cashier picked up the box and said it was the wrong ammo, stated that both the ammo & firearm must be made by the same company. Hmmmm, what am I supposed to shoot in my Kel Tec, or my Ruger?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Had a guy grab a box of 7.62x51 and open the box, saying he needs to get this for his AK, I politely pointed him to the x39.

Saw some guys at honey island once yelling to his friend that the round won't fit the mag nor chamber in his AK on the pistol range. I looked over and he had a box of 7.62x54 monarch steel.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    A friend of mine has a semi auto tommy gun. Took it to the range, fired a few rounds. A sheriff walks up and says he has one like that, but his is broken. when he pulls the bolt back, it locks in the open position. the only way to close it, is by holding the cocking lever, and pulling the trigger. once closed it won't fire.

DUH its open bolt!!!!

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    A friend of mine has a semi auto tommy gun. Took it to the range, fired a few rounds. A sheriff walks up and says he has one like that, but his is broken. when he pulls the bolt back, it locks in the open position. the only way to close it, is by holding the cocking lever, and pulling the trigger. once closed it won't fire.

DUH its open bolt!!!!

I wonder if the Sheriff wasn't trolling him just a little bit.......

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Not gun store related, but within the last year, my now divorced VERY lefty sister finally came around to the idea of having a pistol in her house.

I've kidded with her for years that bad guys don't really care or wish to know who you voted for or how understanding and compassionate you are for the horrors of slavery.

We got her a push button gun safe for her to keep my mom's old G26 in. We were all excited.

She's been shooting with me since we were kids with her little Ruger single action 22 our Dad bought her years back. So the two of us went over the operation of the pistol and during the lesson she ups and asks in her finest of "I know it all and you're wrong and I'm right" Rachael Maddow voices, "Now that I have Moms pistol in the house, Where do I go to register it?"

I about bust a gut laughing and told her you only register guns on the TV shows you watch and in the Movies.

Dirty

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    The often quoted law that you can't shoot across water.

Shooting 38 Special ammo in a 357 Magnum will blow up the gun.

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    "Why do you need all those guns and do all that training? Are you getting ready for the zombies?"

The profanity that comes from my mouth when answering would get me banned from BS.

svilardo_85

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    MANDEVILLE
    What about in the confusion of what bullet grain is. always fun argument

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member