Highway Patrol - Classic Car Owner -- BIG SCREWUP!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Cause dash cams come up missing all the time lol. Yall never fail to disappoint. A mistake was made just like in all jobs. Get over it.

A Mistake? Meaning 1 mistake? C'mon man take your police goggles off and watch the video -- damn, where should I start --

1. On a stop, only ONE officer should giving commands. That traffic stop sounded like a Chinese fire drill.
    2. Why the hell did they have him take his shirt off? He could pull it up and completely turn around to show he had no weapons. These guys looked like TSA flunkies with guns.......
    3. It seems that even though there was obviously doubt, they apparently just said F it & booked him. That's what bothers me the most. Mistakes are one thing but the attitude is the scariest.

There is a difference in rather benign incompetence and the type that draws a firearm of deadly force without the good judgment on how to handle it.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    If I make a mistake and write a wrong number, me and the company I work for are liable for huge fines and legal responsibility.

There should be no difference for law enforcement. They are not exempt from the rules. They screw up, they are liable.

When there's no accountability, you end up with DMV.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If I make a mistake and write a wrong number, me and the company I work for are liable for huge fines and legal responsibility.

There should be no difference for law enforcement. They are not exempt from the rules. They screw up, they are liable.

When there's no accountability, you end up with DMV.

No difference here and no argument here. The government just happens to be the company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    A Mistake? Meaning 1 mistake? C'mon man take your police goggles off and watch the video -- damn, where should I start --

1. On a stop, only ONE officer should giving commands. That traffic stop sounded like a Chinese fire drill.
    2. Why the hell did they have him take his shirt off? He could pull it up and completely turn around to show he had no weapons. These guys looked like TSA flunkies with guns.......
    3. It seems that even though there was obviously doubt, they apparently just said F it & booked him. That's what bothers me the most. Mistakes are one thing but the attitude is the scariest.

There is a difference in rather benign incompetence and the type that draws a firearm of deadly force without the good judgment on how to handle it.

Your expertise obviously supersedes mine.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Your expertise obviously supersedes mine.

I heard he is going to work for C A R T A teaching Felony Traffic Stops. ;)

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    It isn't anti LE to simply say that department BLEW IT BIG TIME. Not a simple mistake. They clearly took it over the top with a law abiding citizen. You could make a long list of the inappropriate actions taken, and I have zero legal or LE experience. It doesn't take an attorney or high ranking LEO to see that. I have a lot of respect for LE but I have to call it like I see it.

Now the dash cam vids going missing accusation is just flat out wrong. Sure it may have happened on occasion to cover someone's ass, but that isn't routine practice.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    1+1=3 collaboration of human error. They'll settle out of court, and those involved will be reprimanded. What's with all the bayoushooter rambo quarterbacking? No one got physically hurt, No one fired a shot, and the whole thing will be resolved. Hell I've read a plate wrong. Go ahead, crucify me. :dunno: If I had to blame anything here I'd blame a stupid licensing program courtesy of DMV.

If DHS deployed robot leo's, the country would go to civil war. In the meantime, its not okay to be human. logic?

edit: watching that video again, it could have gone far worse a few different times.

Last edited:

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    madwabbit - this thread was not a "Let's Bash all LEO's" but to point out an obvious lack of control and judgment on behalf of the LEO's shown in the posted video.

When comments like "A mistake was made just like in all jobs. Get over it." And the questioning of "expertise" because you are not a LEO -- You don't have to be an expert LEO to see numerous problems with this stop as I, the "little concerned citizen", pointed out.

These particular LEO's didn't demonstrate the brightest situation assessment. And these guys are out stopping folks on the highway and drawing guns while shouting conflicting commands with fingers on the triggers! If they can't use better judgment in the performance of their duties, perhaps they need to find different employment. Hell, I'm surprised these morons didn't make the grandma take off her shirt too!

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    madwabbit - this thread was not a "Let's Bash all LEO's" but to point out an obvious lack of control and judgment on behalf of the LEO's shown in the posted video.

When comments like "A mistake was made just like in all jobs. Get over it." And the questioning of "expertise" because you are not a LEO -- You don't have to be an expert LEO to see numerous problems with this stop as I, the "little concerned citizen", pointed out.

These particular LEO's didn't demonstrate the brightest situation assessment. And these guys are out stopping folks on the highway and drawing guns while shouting conflicting commands with fingers on the triggers! If they can't use better judgment in the performance of their duties, perhaps they need to find different employment. Hell, I'm surprised these morons didn't make the grandma take off her shirt too!

Well thank you for pointing all that out for us.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA

its a job that relies on information. dispatch said it came back stolen. they treated it like a stolen vehicle. my point was that it could just as easily have gone the other way around- he could have read off one that wasnt stolen that truly was, and been shot and killed due to the same error. Get all pissed over the video- knock yourself out. My opinion stands: no one got truly hurt, no one fired a shot, and it could have been worse. :dunno:

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    You are making assumptions and false statements. They should ban you for making **** up.

You really want me to start digging up links for all the instances this has happened? There are PLENTY of documented cases out there. Too many to be coincidental.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    The tax thing is always brought up and is not very original. Do you think LE are tax exempt?

Tax exempt in what capacity? As in they don't pay income tax? I don't know and don't care as that was not the point. The point I was trying to make is that when the PD gets sued for violating someone's rights, whether through incompetence or vigilance, their mistake will always be covered by taxpayer dollar. My argument is not original (to you) because you don't like being reminded of it.

ETA: You must be a cop. I can smell the moustache through the screen.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom