I was mugged at gun point Thursday. Be aware.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Sounds like new love though, He will learn this after many many years of everything being his fault.

I think he is living in the wrong neighborhood too! Old Hammond and O'neal! :noes:

Aren't they gathering signatures a la St. George style, to break that area away from civilized humanity?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I think he is living in the wrong neighborhood too! Old Hammond and O'neal! :noes:

Aren't they gathering signatures a la St. George style, to break that area away from civilized humanity?

I Believe so. I won't comment on the ST George thing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I am having a hard time with the karma thing. Earlier that day, I stopped at a accident on the side of the road and tried to help a guy and save his life, but was unable to. I would think that karma would have at least let the mugging happen on a different day. But then again, maybe because of my help with that guy before, I was able to live through it. Who knows. I guess it's a glass half full or half empty kind of thing.

No...The Karma allowed you to live through this. It was good Karma which is why you are here today.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Weather you call it karma, luck, Gods will, voodoo, who do, or hocus pochus; give the choice between that and decisive violence of action, I choose violence of action every time. If it's gonna happen and I'm gonna eat it, I'm goin out fighting.

Tboh21

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Good work not escalating the conflict. Deescalating it was the right thing to do. This has good real world lessons for the non chambered crowd forgetting 'You will be ambushed' in a self defense situation. For not carrying too deeply and being able to draw present and fire from where you are. And the alert issues. No one ever said we must be perfect. Everyone who has ever been in your situation knows all this and that feeling that this is fluid and serious.. Perp likely tossed your wallet on the roadside not too far away. Just in case I'd prepare for a return visit as they might be more sophisticated crooks.

Also. KUDOS for stopping and trying to help the accident victim when others rubber-necked. You represent the best of society on two major fronts. Defend and protect. Hat tip to you.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    Thank you for sharing your story. I was robbed at gunpoint years ago in Algiers, worst feeling I have ever had. I can imagine having it happen at your house is the worst but the violated feeling is the same and I can tell you that after many weeks, months, years of having nights where you cant shake the image/feeling and nightmares of the same it does go away. We were on high alert for a long time because while he robbed me away from my home he got my wallet so they had my address. Police really couldn't help, black male wearing a hoodie and mask, in his twenties and around 5'8" - 5'10" in an area that is 98% black was quite useless. I eventually learned to take it as the most effective learning experience I could have and it has made me stay very aware of my surroundings even till this day.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Just sold my house that was very close to this area. It was near millerville and old Hammond. Glad I'm out of there. Glad no good guys got hurt.

Dave
    sent from Nokia 920

ronin1000

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Its normal to have an emotional reaction afterwards, with afterthoughts of aggression- but personally I'd hope it didn't happen again. The best way to win a gun fight is not get into one. food for thought.

count your blessings, get some training, and move on with life.

I agree with that. As for training, I have done a bunch of training with myself. I have worked with my girlfriend on some training. The problem is that we have never worked on it together. We trained, but didn’t have a plan. That was the biggest thing. If we would have worked out that if something like that happened, I could give her a key word that would tell her to run, than we could have used that. Knowing how it all turned out, makes me think that we wouldn’t have needed to use it, but at the time, I would have had her make a dash for the house and it would have distracted him long enough for me to advance to the next step in protection. There was no sure way of knowing that he wouldn’t shoot us, so I will prep in the thought that it could happen or will happen.

ronin1000

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Good work not escalating the conflict. Deescalating it was the right thing to do. This has good real world lessons for the non chambered crowd forgetting 'You will be ambushed' in a self defense situation. For not carrying too deeply and being able to draw present and fire from where you are. And the alert issues. No one ever said we must be perfect. Everyone who has ever been in your situation knows all this and that feeling that this is fluid and serious.. Perp likely tossed your wallet on the roadside not too far away. Just in case I'd prepare for a return visit as they might be more sophisticated crooks.

Also. KUDOS for stopping and trying to help the accident victim when others rubber-necked. You represent the best of society on two major fronts. Defend and protect. Hat tip to you.

Thank you very much. Thank you Thank you.

Top Bottom