TSA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    lol. itd be so much worse. that industry is riding the rails on bankruptcy so thin that they'll be hiring the guys mcdonalds booted in favor of kiosks.

Maybe the TSA could update their force along with McDonalds?!?

Sir...please...move...up...to...the...line...and...undress ---I...will...now...perform...a...cavity...search...for...contraband. Beep Beep

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Maybe the TSA could update their force along with McDonalds?!?

Sir...please...move...up...to...the...line...and...undress ---I...will...now...perform...a...cavity...search...for...contraband. Beep Beep

Airlines do already have check-in kiosks... I don't see why they necessarily need a person to operate the naked-chick-o-rama-9000 either. Ironic thing is, I've refused that thing every time I've flown and never had an issue. I just get "wanded". Airport Security - so good that its trumped by "no thanks".

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Airlines do already have check-in kiosks... I don't see why they necessarily need a person to operate the naked-chick-o-rama-9000 either. Ironic thing is, I've refused that thing every time I've flown and never had an issue. I just get "wanded". Airport Security - so good that its trumped by "no thanks".

The last time I went through the x-ray machine, they all drew guns on me! They all thought I was attempting to smuggle an oxygen canister in my pants!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    The last time I went through the x-ray machine, they all drew guns on me! They all thought I was attempting to smuggle an oxygen canister in my pants!

and they were offering to put you out of your misery when they discovered that it was lodged rectally?

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    What's your option after refuse a patdown?

at most airports? a 20 minute wait, then being wanded twice by two different agents. Usually I skate through the metal detector twice, keep my shoes etc on, and never have an issue. I've only been "selected" three times, and I politely refused each of them. One in atlanta, one in dallas, one in pburg. None of the flights were international.

Okay so actually I google searched to find you an example, and its covered in people that opted out of flying or were told they couldn't go into the airport. I've never had that problem. I walk through the metal detector, and don't have any problems there. I just refuse to a physical pat down, and don't use bio-raper-9000. As I type this it occurs to me that I'm on a TSA approved list since I fly so often. YMMV. Company bought a private jet last year, so that changed all that.

I also check a firearm and ammuntion almost every time I fly, never had an issue there either. It's pretty easy actually.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    TSA and DHS have not stopped a single hijacking since their inception. Civilian passengers have stopped hijackings though. The Feds have been worthless as usual.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Nah, 4th Amendment is crystal clear. Getting on an airplane is not probable cause for a search, therefore it is s direct violation of our Constitutional right.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/fourth_amendment

No argument can trump what is clearly stated in the 4th and no argument will ever change my opinion on the matter.

Dolze

Yep. It's crystal clear. You're free from unreasonable searches. You don't wanna be searched? Don't fly. Pretty cut and dry. You can still walk wherever you wanna go. And take a boat to Hawaii/PR/Guam. Flying is not a right. Nor is driving. As much as I hate TSA and think it's BS, it's not unconstitutional.

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    If that's the case, let's just shut down the airports and permanently ground all airplanes. While we're at it, might as well shut the roads down too. Let's just lock everyone inside their homes. Can you imagine how safe the USA would be then? The FEDS can protect us from terrorists, and from ourselves! YAAAY!!!!

All these people who cry about getting government out of their lives and turn around and say that the big bad terrorists will kill us all unless we have the TSA and NSA protect us (by violating our most basic constitutional rights) make me laugh. It's funny, our own government has violated us way more than the terrorists ever will and we stand here and not only allow it to happen, but practically beg for them to continue.

Dolze

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    lol. itd be so much worse. that industry is riding the rails on bankruptcy so thin that they'll be hiring the guys mcdonalds booted in favor of kiosks.

I'd assumed McDonalds' rejects were already working for the TSA :mamoru:

Who was in charge of the costs and implementation of security prior to 2001-TSA creation?

If the answer is the airliners, then if they had the margins for it back then, they can find the margins for it now. However, gov't regulation might be so heavy that their margins have changed over the last decade so let's get the gov't off of them and free up some margin.

I've noticed that when the gov't does a task (long enough) that the free market can/has historically done/should do, people are quick to say things like - "but without the gov't, air travel would be unsafe", "but without the gov't, kids wouldn't get educated", "but without the gov't, how would we have health insurance", "but without the gov't, how would we have retirement", "but without the gov't, how would the mail get delivered". And I don't think these implications are true at all.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'd assumed McDonalds' rejects were already working for the TSA :mamoru:

Who was in charge of the costs and implementation of security prior to 2001-TSA creation?

If the answer is the airliners, then if they had the margins for it back then, they can find the margins for it now. However, gov't regulation might be so heavy that their margins have changed over the last decade so let's get the gov't off of them and free up some margin.

I've noticed that when the gov't does a task (long enough) that the free market can/has historically done/should do, people are quick to say things like - "but without the gov't, air travel would be unsafe", "but without the gov't, kids wouldn't get educated", "but without the gov't, how would we have health insurance", "but without the gov't, how would we have retirement", "but without the gov't, how would the mail get delivered". And I don't think these implications are true at all.

Difference is that today the equipment and labor costs are so astronomical that its unrealistic to expect it of any company. It's even too much for our govt, honestly. Do a little looking around into post 9-11 airport security. Trillions of dollars (8.8 as of 2011) and what we've got to show for it is a few hundred sexually assaulted children, a few thousand stolen items, and a couple hundred citizens arrested and charged for disputing the regulations. However, we're up to over 600 TSA employees terminated for assault or theft and they additionally failed the DHS test in Ft worth in 2006... in which agents successfully got onto various planes with boxcutters, screwdrivers, and razor blades. Terrorists apprehended in said security measures: Zero. Terrorist attempts since 9/11 in airports or on airplanes: 7.

So yeah, the return on investment is perfectly reasonable to speculate on.

An old employee of mine now works in TSA at baton rouge. We terminated him for theft, and charged him with battery for decking the HR manager (a 60yr old woman) on the way out. He's a real class act, but you can call him "Agent." You know, I wasn't going to say it... but f it.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I had an incident with the TSA in Chicago that was quite possibly the stupidest thing ever. We were running late for our flight that we left 3 hours early to get to. The subway broke and they had to bus us to the airport. We get there and are rushing all around just to find that they moved our check-in terminal. We get all the way to security after being told to literally run there. They have one of the new arms-up full body scanner machines there. We are told to take everything out of our pockets and have nothing in our hands. Well, I was there with my girlfriend and three of her friends. Every single girl with is us under 5 foot 3 and look like cute, young, well dressed girls. I go through first and am told I need to extend my arms higher so they can scan me better. Whatever. No problem. I get done and my girlfriend and two of her friends make it through. The last one goes in and all of a sudden two giant guys rush out of no where and grab her by her elbows and literally drag her to this metal table. Then the lady starts to yell at her about how they said to take "EVERYTHING!" out of our pockets. The girl protests that she did. The lady then goes on to say that she has paper in her back right pocket. While one guy is wanding her at this point, the other guy takes the lethal paper out of her pocket. It is the little top paper thing in a Hershey Kiss. Ya know, the little tiny piece of paper at the top of it....! They go on to pat her down, do the hand chemical test swab thing on her, and then chastise her and all of us about the importance of taking everything out of our pockets.

We get to the plane and are talking and I realized that I still had a little SOG key knife on my keychain that they didn't catch, yet they managed to yell at her for over five minutes over a freaking piece of paper. Paper. Why is paper even a concern?

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    If I were a worthless failure who could only get near women while on a power trip with unquestionable authority at work, I'd probably freak over the paper in the pretty, petite little woman's pocket, too.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If I were a worthless failure who could only get near women while on a power trip with unquestionable authority at work, I'd probably freak over the paper in the pretty, petite little woman's pocket, too.

It was a lady though who freaked out over the paper. The two dudes didn't really give a ****.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lej1608
    Top Bottom