decided on my new vehicle. 100% impractical

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Hahahaha, just glanced through this old thread again, a lot of banned users in there.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?113385-Radar-Detectors-do-they-work/

That thread might take the cake for dumb people arguing with blatant facts.

My first ticket I ever wrote was to a woman with a chirping radar detector in the windshield of her camaro. Trust me or don't - they are useless against 95% of all cops looking for speeders. For the other 5%, I'd rather not have a thingy on my dash screaming at the cop to please give me as many tickets as possible.

SVT if what you're saying is true you'll be looking to take delivery a month before me - how did you do that :( I'm confused.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    That thread might take the cake for dumb people arguing with blatant facts.

My first ticket I ever wrote was to a woman with a chirping radar detector in the windshield of her camaro. Trust me or don't - they are useless against 95% of all cops looking for speeders. For the other 5%, I'd rather not have a thingy on my dash screaming at the cop to please give me as many tickets as possible.

SVT if what you're saying is true you'll be looking to take delivery a month before me - how did you do that :( I'm confused.

You gotta know how to use a detector. Gotta be proactive with it. Can't just rely on it alone. You have to be *gasp* smart. And most people aren't lol

Do you have a vin number yet? Is yours a dealer stock or retail order?

I managed that by putting in my order the day the order banks opened. Plus, mine is one of the limited edition 50th anniversary cars. It made the cut of first production run 500 cars. So I guess I just got lucky I guess.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    This is 100% true!!! Unbeknownst to all of you I know that the Abbymeister is an expert on all things Mustang. Good one Jay!!! Concur completely!

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Let me know when you plan on taking it to the track. I'll play.....
    Did you go auto or manual?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I went z06 to 370z to jeep grand cherokee. I am loving the suv thing but always felt the new 5.0 would be a home run. Grats on the new ride!

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Update madwabbit. Mine was supposed to be built Monday. Sunday night it was rescheduled to Tuesday. Monday night it was shifted to Wednesday. Rumor is it's because ford hasn't given the ok to buy (ok for the dealers to buy the cars from the factory) yet. Which also means retail orders can't be built yet. I also learned that mine is a retail order but the anniversary cars retail orders are scheduled if vin is below 500. No other retail orders scheduled until ok to buy is achieved. Again, all that is rumor and pieced together from different places and things I've read.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Update madwabbit. Mine was supposed to be built Monday. Sunday night it was rescheduled to Tuesday. Monday night it was shifted to Wednesday. Rumor is it's because ford hasn't given the ok to buy (ok for the dealers to buy the cars from the factory) yet. Which also means retail orders can't be built yet. I also learned that mine is a retail order but the anniversary cars retail orders are scheduled if vin is below 500. No other retail orders scheduled until ok to buy is achieved. Again, all that is rumor and pieced together from different places and things I've read.

My last update was a forwarded email from the sales manager that said expected arrival was mid nov.

Dishonored - I opted auto. It'll be a track toy and daily driver, so manual wasn't a consideration. I've got a 5 speed weekend toy already anyway lol

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Well it still showed scheduled to today this morning. Hopefully tomorrow it will show bucked or in production, either means it's on the line.

Do you have an order number from your dealer? You can kinda watch on cotusb.ford.com. Albeit mines not on there. It's a beta site. Not always accurate. And not all models will show up.

Mines auto too. I am sick of standard in traffic after 25 years. My current 5.0 is supercharged standard. I'll supercharge this one. And my Shelby cobra replica is a row-your-own so I'll have a manual to play with when the desire hits.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    FYI madwabbit, mine went into production Friday. Appears they are running a couple of days ahead atm.

Pm me your Vin number when you get it and I might can see a estimated scheduled to week before it shows up on cotus

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    FYI madwabbit, mine went into production Friday. Appears they are running a couple of days ahead atm.

Pm me your Vin number when you get it and I might can see a estimated scheduled to week before it shows up on cotus

ill do that, thanks. I got the ol' "we can have ya a v6 this month" remark again. I wonder if they over buy those on new model years?

A colleague ordered the turbo. I wasn't that courageous, but I'm interested to see what its got- esp off the line. Not sure if they've resolved the ecoboost lag issues, so i steered clear.

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    With the new body style coming out, I got a good deal on this '13. Drove it home today. V6 Premium Pony Package. I've wanted a Mustang for about 10 years and I'm loving this thing so far!

MyMustang.jpg

corey d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Louisiana
    I know a little bit about impractical, i have this collecting dust in the garage......

1119790_709125295780423_991369369_o.jpg

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    With the new body style coming out, I got a good deal on this '13. Drove it home today. V6 Premium Pony Package. I've wanted a Mustang for about 10 years and I'm loving this thing so far!

View attachment 52837

congrats on the new ride. love that bodystyle in white

- - - Updated - - -

I know a little bit about impractical, i have this collecting dust in the garage......

1119790_709125295780423_991369369_o.jpg

lotta 'stang owners here huh?

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Confirmation today. Anniversary 2015 #275 of 1964 is built and awaiting shipment. Estimated arrival is 10/15 to 10/21. I'm freaking stoked. Been waitin 10.5 months if it gets here in that date range for this car.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I was just told 11-28 to 12-5. This comes after I sat in the 2015 challenger RT yesterday.

I hate dodge for a myriad of reasons, but wow I was impressed with that car. They changed everything I hated about the old challenger (horrible interior, poor lighting, awkward handing) and really, really did that car right. I was impressed.

It uh, still doesn't have the punch that the stang does though. But for 8 tenths of a second slower you get a pretty comfortable ride. I won't be making fun of the challenger crowd anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom