Answering pm protocol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Yep. OTOH, if your mail box is full then you don't get the msg. Not sure if the sender gets notified the box is full.

The sender does. I think the message the sender just typed out gets wasted as well.

If the senders mailbox if full it does let them know at some point. Maybe via email notification. Maybe when the attempt to compose or send a message.

I just don't remember the details of it even though I have been on both sides of it.

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    Though common courtesy dictates a proper response to a proper question, I find that some questions are better off un answered.

for the majority of the time, i will respond in a timely manner (whenever i log back in) and half-heartedly expect a response to a query. though, i don't expect a response all the time, most of the time, i forget if i even pm'd someone and am curious whenever i have a pm waiting for me in my inbox.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Common courtesy has left the building! We (collectively), are becoming a very selfish society! :(

However, NEVER let the discourteousness of others dissuade you from your bearings. There are still some of us out there that will carry the torch to our graves! ;)

I agree.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yep. OTOH, if your mail box is full then you don't get the msg. Not sure if the sender gets notified the box is full.

If someone's mailbox is full, it won't let them receive messages. PM a mod or admin and we can force a message through to them to remind them to empty their mailbox.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge

giphy.gif

Slipknot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2016
    Tom Bean, Texas/Hammond, LA
    I have sold a few items and have corresponded with each person that pm'd me. Sometimes when I inquire about an item the recipient does not answer.
    Is it proper to not respond to pm's that are legit, or should a person respond if for no other reason than saying "sorry bruv, already sold"?

It's rude AF not to reply...

Top Bottom