Indian Motorcycles "Scout"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I don't understand Indians approach. They start off by only making huge baggers. Then when they finally make a new bike it's something to directly compete with the Harley Sportster. I wish they would make a mid size cruiser with the thunderstroke engine. I just don't get it.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Well I am just getting on to the motorcycle scene myself, I do have to ask what are these models you speak of? Mind you all I have is a Honda CRF250L... But in the near future I want to buy a fixer-upper cruiser on the cheap in the near future...

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I like it. It's a cruiser that isn't trying to stay in the 1950s. No, not something that's never been done before, but it's not a Hardley clone, has a liquid-cooled motor with good power (much more than an air-cooled motor of the same size), weighs about the same as a sport tourer, looks good, and is priced right.

I'm sure more models will follow if sales are good enough. You can't take much of the cruiser market with just one bike. Hopefully when they build something bigger, they stick with liquid-cooled motors.

Sent from my truck doing 85 down the interstate.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I like it. It's a cruiser that isn't trying to stay in the 1950s. No, not something that's never been done before, but it's not a Hardley clone, has a liquid-cooled motor with good power (much more than an air-cooled motor of the same size), weighs about the same as a sport tourer, looks good, and is priced right.

I'm sure more models will follow if sales are good enough. You can't take much of the cruiser market with just one bike. Hopefully when they build something bigger, they stick with liquid-cooled motors.

When I saw a picture of it I got really excited. But then I started looking at the specs. Physically it's a small bike, like a sporster. Too small for me. And I know they are claiming 100hp out of a 69CI motor but "you can't replace displacment". And a 3.3 gallon gas tank is to small.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    It is small, but like you said, it's in the Sportster's market segment. I assume that's just where they figure they can get the best foothold and will hopefully follow with some bigger models.

Bwalken

Foot clutch hand shift
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    New orleans
    For a first road bike I went with a Honda cb750. Good power you can find em for 1500 bucks 4cylinder overhead cams simple and easy for a first bike. Plenty of aftermarket parts to chop it .then after a couple years started getting into the old triumphs and Harley's still love my cb though. But liquid cooled will always beat air cooled .. Just overheated my 1972 triumph and a month ago my 1990 evo **** the bed in stop and go traffic in Lafayette

NOLAShootist

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    NOLA / NorthShore
    When I saw a picture of it I got really excited. But then I started looking at the specs. Physically it's a small bike, like a sporster. Too small for me. And I know they are claiming 100hp out of a 69CI motor but "you can't replace displacment". And a 3.3 gallon gas tank is to small.

^^^THIS.

But, the starting price is right on them, which is mainly I think what they are trying to compete with.

NOLAShootist

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    NOLA / NorthShore
    The bagger is the Chieftain. It looks like the Indian Chief Classic had babies with a Harley Street Glide.

Harleys are nice. Love my Heritage. Dont get me wrong.

But, if you are looking for a nostalgic look and feel to a bike... Sucker Punch Sally's Swinger should be top of the list. Im pretty sure she's my next ride.

3834469112_f3cc38822a_b.jpg

^^^Id ride the hell outta both those.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The bagger is the Chieftain. It looks like the Indian Chief Classic had babies with a Harley Street Glide.

Harleys are nice. Love my Heritage. Dont get me wrong.

But, if you are looking for a nostalgic look and feel to a bike... Sucker Punch Sally's Swinger should be top of the list. Im pretty sure she's my next ride.

3834469112_f3cc38822a_b.jpg

^^^Id ride the hell outta both those.

Now that's my kinda marketing. :)

Top Bottom