Flu shots

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you get a flu shot?

• Yes

Votes: 75 62.5%
    • No, I'm afraid of needles

Votes: 2 1.7%
    • No, I'll get the flu

Votes: 25 20.8%
    • No, its a government plot to install a tracker!

Votes: 18 15.0%

• Total voters

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I had pneumonia in 2012, not a good time. Took a pneumonia vaccine last year & the next one when I hit 65.

How far apart is that? I am 74, had the pneumonia shot 5y ago, and IIRC was told I will not need another.

I have been taking the flu shot for 35y and never had it, but I do have chronic bronchitis and asthma so am a prime candidate for them. I think if you are over 50, you are asking for trouble not taking it.

ColbyLang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Lafayette
    I don't get sick. I will not be taking it. My wife, who is due in February, will be getting one very soon. She manages to get the flu yearly. Last thing we need is her being 5+ months pregnant and getting the flu.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    How far apart is that? I am 74, had the pneumonia shot 5y ago, and IIRC was told I will not need another.

I have been taking the flu shot for 35y and never had it, but I do have chronic bronchitis and asthma so am a prime candidate for them. I think if you are over 50, you are asking for trouble not taking it.

Pneumonia vaccination is one of the more confusing ones as far as schedule and indications, but based on what you've said you should be good to go, one dose for 65+

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    Speaking of vaccines, I just got my Shingles shot.
    (for geezers who have had Chickenpox.)
    You really don't wanna get Shingles. :eek4:

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.

Took the pneumonia shot last October. The next one is 5 years later. As far as I know it is only a 2 shot series unless you are a certain age (not sure what age) then you just need one.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I got the shingles at 19 ..... HORRIFIC!

Started on my underwear line right hip area.

I was taking Nyquil, Tylenol PM, Codine and BEER to just pass out....when I'd wake up ... PAIN! and itching.

It was horrible.

DixieXD

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Northshore
    Shingles victim here, not vaccinated yet. Like getting red ants in your jellyfish sting and brushing them away with poison ivy. In other words a real beotch. If I didn't work in a hospital I wouldn't, but I do so I do.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    The poll seems a little slanted in its reasoning. How about a straight NO option for ppl that are healthy and seldom get sick so dont see the need? It looks like my only options are to profess being a sissy, panic driven or a tin foil hatter. Or you could split the yes vote into YES i like needles and pain, YES i'm afraid to maybe get sick and YES i believe the govt is better able to adequately see to my medical care than i am.
    :D

Mr Manouche

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    ascension parish
    Only time I ever got the flu as an adult was the year I got the stupid flu shot. Did the shot cause my flu. NO. Did it prevent the flu. HELL NO! They can keep those shots.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    How many of y'all see a primary care physician regularly, at least once a year?

Did your pc physician tell you not to get the flu shot?

Mine have so I do.

Top Bottom