landrieu getting desperate..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    WOW, she says this about the state that kept her in office for almost 20 years!
    Those sexist oil and chemical companies gave her money as well.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Looks like a cherry picked sound bite to make a sensational headline to me.
    Does it really matter? She still said it and it's obviously what she believes.
    To me it's very alarming and insulting. She's basically saying if you are conservative and from the south, you are racist and a male chauvinist.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Someone needs to remind her that Obama isn't running in this election.
    Trollface_small_normal2pl7.png

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    My opinion of his utter incompetence and treasonous actions has nothing to do with his race.. like wise for Landreiu. The fact that she's a woman has no bearing on the fact that I believe she no longer serves the people of Louisiana.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I really think this time she is gone. Why she would blabber something like this four days to the election is mind boggling- but I approve. Her campaign staff must be pulling their hair out...:rofl:

Whether she's willing to admit it or not, her opponents are correct about her ties to Obama. And at present time for her, "that ain't good." :dogkeke:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Does it really matter? She still said it and it's obviously what she believes.
    To me it's very alarming and insulting. She's basically saying if you are conservative and from the south, you are racist and a male chauvinist.

It does. Context matters.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Two interesting stories tied to thread.

Landrieu is setting up the story that the evil white people are responsible for her likely loss and is part of a nation wide strategy to disparage the probable democrat losses in 2014.

Earlier this month, Congressional Black Caucus Chairwoman Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio) helped set up the argument by saying Democrats can’t win unless blacks turn out to vote.

*Anybody who looks at the data realized that if the black vote, and the brown vote, doesn’t turn out, we can’t win,* she said. *It’s just that simple.*

As more polls have predicted GOP gains in the House and Senate, Democrats have increasingly blamed voter ID laws in states with Republican governors as the reason why Democrats don’t have a shot at picking up seats. Democrats have argued for months that voter ID laws keep minorities from voting.

Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.), a former chair of the CBC, wrote this week that while the U.S. has made progress trying to end racial inequities, voter ID laws are a remaining barrier to that goal that must be removed.

The other story is about democrats threatening people if they did not vote.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-says-shows-the-democrats-just-threatened-me/

Personally if I got such a letter from any political party I would take legal action against that party. Even if the legal action was simply to send a message.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I really think this time she is gone. Why she would blabber something like this four days to the election is mind boggling- but I approve. Her campaign staff must be pulling their hair out...:rofl:

Whether she's willing to admit it or not, her opponents are correct about her ties to Obama. And at present time for her, "that ain't good." :dogkeke:

I'll be happy when she is gone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    she was asked why he's so unpopular. . She answered very very honestly. . Not sure what I'm missing?

You're missing everything else that was said. It sounded like at least a two part answer.... we didn't hear number 1 and we didn't even hear the question. We just hear the part that was edited to indicate only what they wanted the watcher to think. Seems like it worked too.

I just don't like journalism/news/reporting that doesn't give you the full story and facts. She has done plenty enough to get her thrown out of office, we don't really need to invent more through shoddy journalism.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    You're missing everything else that was said. It sounded like at least a two part answer.... we didn't hear number 1 and we didn't even hear the question. We just hear the part that was edited to indicate only what they wanted the watcher to think. Seems like it worked too.

I just don't like journalism/news/reporting that doesn't give you the full story and facts. She has done plenty enough to get her thrown out of office, we don't really need to invent more through shoddy journalism.

I read the article on WWL.. It showed the question asked and how she answered. But yes sometimes the media can be slanted.

Last edited:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA

You shut your mouth! You know we're supposed to base all our politics on Drudge Report headlines!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom