Polymer allergies?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Saw my dermatologist yesterday about the occasional rashes I would get after shooting. I initially thought it was a reaction to gun powder or something like that but he concluded yesterday that it was a reaction to certain polymers and plastics. It usually occurs after a long shoot with polymer guns to a point that my palms sweat. Only when my palms sweat does this happen when I shoot poly guns. Everything else in life that I do doesn't affct it.

He's not certain that's what it is but we did lots of tests and noticed that the rashes would appear only when I use poly guns and only if I sweat. Did the same test with gloves and no reaction so it's only with direct contact to polymer. Other plastics don't affect it just certain ones like maybe certain polymers that use certain fiberglass strands?

I'm baffled. Anyone heard of this or know anything about it? Even though I only own a couple of poly guns,I want to still have the option to use them. Metal guns...no problem at all.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Your doc sounds like a 1911 fan.

Seriously, that sucks.
    This is the first time that I've heard of a condition like this, but I guess anything is possible.

Art

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom