who has the best ammo prices in the baton rouge area?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    buy bulk online, save yourself some $ unless you know people that get discounts.

Pops

Old but not dead .
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    EBR Parish
    7.99 a box of 50

Plus 9% tax and time and gasoline . I prefer to order , cuz I usually buy ammo for my C&R's at the same time . Academy doesn't have 7.7 Jap or 7.5 Swiss , etc . If they do , it will be the high dollar NORMA stuff .

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Plus 9% tax and time and gasoline . I prefer to order , cuz I usually buy ammo for my C&R's at the same time . Academy doesn't have 7.7 Jap or 7.5 Swiss , etc . If they do , it will be the high dollar NORMA stuff .

Do you have a C&R license? You may qualify for dealer pricing from midway or grafs, so i hear....

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Ammo Man is the way to go if they have your ammo in stock. I have been waiting for 124 Lawman for a while.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    im looking for 9mm and 7.62x39mm ammo. the best i found was academy sports for 9mm and the gunshow for 7.62x39mm.

http://www.academy.com/index.php?pa...shooting&start=10&selectedSKU=0326-40350-0112

thats $180 for 1,000 rounds of 9mm ammo. seems like it goes up every time i check!

You must not place too high of a value on your pistol if you are willing to shoot Russian ammo through it. Especially when you can buy CCI Blazer 9mm from NSS for $ 7.99 per box. (Roughly $175 per case delivered to your door.)

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    You must not place too high of a value on your pistol if you are willing to shoot Russian ammo through it. Especially when you can buy CCI Blazer 9mm from NSS for $ 7.99 per box. (Roughly $175 per case delivered to your door.)

Another great place, this is where I bought my CCI.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Does Monarch have some history of double charging their ammo?

Not to my personal knowledge. But none of the Russian manufacturers has ever been known to meet the quality control standards of the US ammo makers.

A lot of people have reported a big drop-off in Olin's (Winchester) QA/QC in the past 18 months - but it is still head & shoulders above the average Russian company.

Double charging and squib loads used to be not uncommon in Russian ammo. Far less common now, but I think the odds are far greater than with US ammo. There just isn't enough of a price delta (in my mind) to justify the additional (even though it is slight) risk. In the original post, the price quoted for Monarch was about the same as Blazer (and only $.50/box cheaper than Academy's sale price yesterday on WWB ammo).

Lots of people have shot lots of russian ammo with no problem. And occasionally people have trouble with US ammo. But I think the odds are in my favor using US ammo - unless there is a major price differential that would tilt the odds in my favor.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom