Car Window Tinting in Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Russell at Auto Evolution did my last one, still good after 2 years. You may have a hard time getting someone to install tint over the limit unless you know them or have an exemption form

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.
    :(Mobile One in Metairie will do a Darker-than-Legal tint for you, but they ask you to sign something saying that you were aware of it when they did it. IMO, La. legal tint is so light as to be not worth doing.:(

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    :(Mobile One in Metairie will do a Darker-than-Legal tint for you, but they ask you to sign something saying that you were aware of it when they did it. IMO, La. legal tint is so light as to be not worth doing.:(
    Never heard of signing anything. But whether you sign it or not, you're still getting a small ticket. Depends if it's worth it to you.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Tom’s Pro Tint - Denham Springs, LA.
    Automotive › Auto Glass Services
    (225) 305-6481 · 522 Florida Blvd SE Denham Springs, LA 70726

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Never heard of signing anything. But whether you sign it or not, you're still getting a small ticket. Depends if it's worth it to you.

I can't believe they would provide evidence that a vehicle was tinted darker than legal because as an installer they face fines for installing tint that is not compliant with the law. Back in the day, most glass shops would do it on a "cash only" basis.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I can't believe they would provide evidence that a vehicle was tinted darker than legal because as an installer they face fines for installing tint that is not compliant with the law. Back in the day, most glass shops would do it on a "cash only" basis.

Correct, "Cash Only" and no receipt.

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.
    I'm on the level with this. The only thing I can figure is maybe they want to deflect any potential litigation? Again, not the way I would choose to do business, but of course it's not MY shop.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I got 15% all around on my wife's last car, and I found that it made it difficult to see when driving at night. I don't think I'd go more than 20%, maybe 25. I think the tint laws are silly. I have little kids and they complain way less when the sun isn't in their eyes.

But I also don't condone illegal activity.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    How long do you keep your cars? If you keep them 10 years or longer, ceramic is a good investment. If you trade them every 3 years, like I tend to do, sputtered metallic is good enough and way cheaper.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    If you want the highest heat rejection, without going dark. Look at Wincos. I have it on my escalade, and it's better than the lumnar ceramic I had on a previous car. Not only does it reject heat, you can get the light 40-50% version and it'll still out perform other tint. People with normal tint (non-mettalic or ceramic) don't realize the cheaper tint actually attracts heat. It's like wearing a black t-shirt in the summer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom