new truck info needed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fng

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    well, time to get a new truck! i'm looking to get some feedback from owners willing to give it on the new Sierra, Silverado and Ram as these are my top choices. Im looking for fuel economy info as well as any "bugs" or issues common to these trucks. I'm looking to go 1500 series with the 5.3 on the GM size or the Hemi on the Ram side. Would also like to know what the msrp vs out the door pricing was on your trucks for those who dont mind sharing. Thanks

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I hated active fuel management engines. Mine was also an oil burner... Google silverado oil consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    if you are looking at MPG a lot, look into the Ecodiesel. My company got a new fleet of 2014 1500 ram hemi's this year. The motor is strong, gas barely hits over twenty avg round 18. And for some odd reason problems with everyother truck has random electrical issues. Weather it is the electrical outlets, gauge cluster instrumentation ect, just weird issues. We found out with the gas V6 don't overload the truck bed. Blew the tranny with barely 17k on the clock. And it was barely over max.

Last edited:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    My dad just got a 2014 Silverado. I don't know the exact model but I love driving it. Super smooth and great on the interstate. I want to say he gets around 18mpg, but don't quote me on that. I think other than his Lariat, this truck is one of his faves. We haul a 22' Pathfinder on it amongst other things.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    While I haven't even searched it I've heard from a few people that there's a real vibration problem with a percentage of the chev/GM new pickups. Check before buying and do some extensive test drives.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    I have the new Silverado. It is amazing how smooth and quiet it is. Never had a truck that drove this good. Mine is a Z71 and gets great gas mileage, 24+ highway and 18+ in town all depending how you drive it.
    Chevrolet is probably not the least expensive truck on the market but they hold their value and will pay you back when you trade it in or sell it.
    I like dealing with Gerry Lane Chevrolet. They have always treated me fair.

CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    I have an 02 Avalanche (5.3) that has +- 180,000 miles and has had no major repairs, it will get me 18-20 mpg on the highway so I am not unhappy.
    My friend has had issues with Dodge and his new one has been in the shop 8+ times and he is about to invoke the lemon law.
    I would look at Chevy-Toyota and Ford in that order. Ford seems to be making a good product.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    If I was in the market for a new truck I would be giving the 2015 Ford F1 50 a very hard look. I personally love the fact that they're going with an all aluminum body. That shaves a lot of weight in itself improving handeling and other things.

LS1RX7

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Slidell
    I hated active fuel management engines. Mine was also an oil burner... Google silverado oil consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very easily disabled with a programmer. And you can adjust other parameters and use a fuel mileage tune to easily get better than stock fuel mileage. My truck stopped using oil between oil changes with the AFM turned off. Best 250 bucks ever spent on the truck.

Top Bottom