A passing in the AGW family

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flemgunner

Nov 24, 2008
    lafayette
    It is with a very heavy heart and much sorrow that we must announce the passing of one of our gunsmiths, friend, and family member Scott Barra.
    Although he was with us for such a short time, we valued him as a trusted member of our team and part of our family.
    Scott will be remembered with much fondness for his outlook on life, his sense of humor, his dedication, and the love that he had for those he called family. We will miss his quiet presence, his passion for knowledge, and his true joy for his work.
    Scott is loved and respected by us all and will be deeply missed.
    In light of this we will be closed Tuesday at 3pm and will remain closed until Thursday so that we may take this time to grieve and pay our respects to our friend and his family.
    Scott's services are being handled by Delhomme Funeral Home on Bertrand.
    The family ask that in lieu of flowers that a donation to a charity be made in his memory.
    ~ Ryan, Christina, Glenn, Jamie, Nugget, and the rest of the AGW family

JeeperGirl

Mar 15, 2009
    ***********.com
    Thanks Gator and Glenn for adding this post. It's taken me a while to make it here.
    My dad was Tupperware 9mm on here, Glocktalk and Bug Out Whale. He was also on DSRL for his Honda Trail 90's and his TW200, his name was (I think) Tw200Laf

We were actually talking about Bayou Shooter Friday night when he came home from work. He was reading on the forum and we were discussing something and my mom asked "What is Bayou Shooter?"
    The answer was "A gun forum to buy guns, learn new things and read the answers to what caliber is best" We just laughed.

Thanks for the prayers and support.
    Our family appreciates it more than you know.

Here's a link to his obituary.
    http://delhommefuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/1942522/Barra-Scott/obituary.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I am sorry for your loss! Loosing another one of the GOOD guys in our small community is always felt by all. I know that he has left a positive ripple effect that spread throughout those who interacted with him. God Bless!

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    I didn't know your Father, but offer sincere condolences for your loss. I know how much I miss my Father. Blessings and prayers for you and your family.

Larry

JeeperGirl

Mar 15, 2009
    ***********.com
    Thanks everyone for the prayers and love.
    I put this on Bug Out Whale and I'm sharing it everywhere I can- hug your kids everyday and hug your parents every chance you can. Things can happen suddenly and you might miss the chance to let them know how you truly feel.
    We take comfort in knowing my dad knew how much we loved him and cared about him.
    Live a life without questions, no regrets!

Again, thanks for the prayers and love.
    I'm proud to say his service was totally up his alley. He had family as well as his brothers in arms (AGW) as pallbearers to take him to his final resting place. He left this world with his favorite hammer, a 50 cal and an Acadiana Gunworks patch for his suit.
    It doesn't get any better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom