Tube Rollers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So how many folks here are into tube rolling? Here's my little tube headphone amp running an RCA black plate 12AU7 that someone graciously donated.

wASigZ.jpg

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I have a 1931 Crosley American Overseas and a 1947-52 Hallicrafters model S-38B. Both are AM/Short Wave radio receivers. We use them for listening to football games sometimes.

The Hallicrafters receives ok with a 6 foot piece of copper wire for an antenna. I got an old school AM loop antenna kit from MTM Scientific. I curious to see how well they receive with a good antenna after its built. I have not played with any short wave antennas yet.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    i've been interested in "vintage" audio recently and have been trying to acquire projects to work on. While my interest is mainly in the solid state stuff from the 1970's, I can feel a tug toward some of the tube gear. Unfortunately, some people expect enormous amounts of money ( relatively) for broken down crap that parts are no longer available for. On the other hand, you read stories about someone picking up a Mcintosh amp at Salvation Army for $5.00. I would like to find a tube stereo from the 60's to early 70's when that technology was at its pinnacle just before solid state took over. Even some old table top radios from the 50's would be fun to restore.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    i've been interested in "vintage" audio recently and have been trying to acquire projects to work on. While my interest is mainly in the solid state stuff from the 1970's, I can feel a tug toward some of the tube gear. Unfortunately, some people expect enormous amounts of money ( relatively) for broken down crap that parts are no longer available for. On the other hand, you read stories about someone picking up a Mcintosh amp at Salvation Army for $5.00. I would like to find a tube stereo from the 60's to early 70's when that technology was at its pinnacle just before solid state took over. Even some old table top radios from the 50's would be fun to restore.

I think I may still have a tube amp that I built from a Lafayette radio supply kit in the late 60s, I'll look for it next week. I have built several, up to 4000 wts rf amps.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My Pantom 500 is a tube powered CB amp. I've retubed it once and made sure to set aside replacement tubes for any I might blow. So far so good. The Phillips tubes hold up well. People laugh and scoff at me for not going solid state, but nothing rolls like a tube type.

Top Bottom