Crazy bayou shooter gun prices.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    One thing for sure if you're the buyer or the seller......

You don't get what you don't ask for!

But, as many have already said, I just keep scrolling past those ads where all I can do is shake my head.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Sometimes people view a too low price as something wrong with the gun, hence getting rid of it.
    I once listed a Glock with some custom features for what I had in it--$500 and had no takers. I bumped the price up $200 and it sold the next day. I usually price my stuff for a fair market value after looking around for what others sell for. I usually have it sold in no more than a week and often within a day of posting it.
    On the flip side of the coin are the arsehole low ball offers that I usually ignore.
    I have thought about agreeing to the price and make them travel a good ways to find that I won't be there and changed my mind.
    Another thing is buyers wanting you to hold an item till payday next Friday so they can shop around on the web and local ads and see if they can find it cheaper and then blow you off. I always tell them I'll hold it for a nonrefundable deposit or its first come-first serve whoever comes up with the money first.
    Also there are the ones that want to trade you all the crap they don't want or want full retail to trade against your wholesale price. Like when they want to trade a Mossberg pump shotgun, a single shot shotgun, and their Hipoint 9mm for your Glock stating that their stuff is worth the asking price of the Glock but in my case I don't want any of those firearms and if I take them in on a trade I'll give pawnbroker prices as trade value. In this case they would $200-250 short of the value of the $500 Glock.
    I get asked if I would drive to New Orleans to meet and there ain't no forking way I want to go to that city unless you're going to pay me an extra $200 over the price of the item to cover my time and gas and I still won't go unless you send the money first before I even get out of town heading that way.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    First,
    doofy27rz_zps7946000e.png

I always assume that such inflated prices reflect the fact that the seller anticipates a significantly lower offer. Therefore the counter offer more accurately reflects the true value.

Second, this is true. Here or on other sites, if you want $300 and post it for $300, all you get is offers of $250 (or $150). If you post it for $350 and "let" someone "talk you down" you get the $300 you wanted.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I've purchased three firearms here and sold three others. In each case I've paid the sellers asking price without attempting to haggle and sold for my asking price the same day I listed them all three times. One buyer asked if I would come down on the asking price and I felt it was fair, he agreed and we arranged a sell.
    Once I offered a deal to buy a scope but the seller couldn't meet me there, no hard feelings at all, I hope to do business with him on another front real soon.
    The classifieds are not a major draw for me personally so when I see something way overpriced sitting I move on without after-thought. Certainly not gonna expend much energy over what someone else is doing that doesn't concern me.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I agree there are some who over price absurdly. If it is priced too high, I simply ignore the ad as it is too much trouble to haggle that far. I've bought a few here and sold one, I pay asking price most of the time because the price was fair. If you're arguing "well people always lowball me, so I ask $200 more than it's worth" why don't you just simply state your actual asking price and say the price is "firm with no negotiation".

Last edited:

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    I agree there are some who over price absurdly. If it is priced too high, I simply ignore the ad as it is too much trouble to haggle that far. I've bought a few here and sold one, I pay asking price most of the time because the price was fair. If you're arguing "well people always lowball me, so I ask $200 more than it's worth" why don't you just simply state your actual asking price and say the price is "firm with no negotiation".

Because the people who want to "talk you down" either don't understand what "firm" means or ignore it. Seriously, I would say that I still get lower offers on at least 2/3 of the items I post as "$X firm".

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have bought, and sold, a few items off of the forum. I have found some good deals for good items. It does seem however that we get a lot of sellers who think that because they handled it that it is worth more than retail pricing. There is a Scar that has been listed since August 2015 and he keeps bumping it. Well if an idiot hasn't passed by in almost 6 months chance is he will not pass by. Why keep bumping it? Everyone, or most everyone, on the forum knows how to check to see if a price is the going price, a good deal, or high price.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Because the people who want to "talk you down" either don't understand what "firm" means or ignore it. Seriously, I would say that I still get lower offers on at least 2/3 of the items I post as "$X firm".

I haven't had the same experience, I also have only sold one so that is probably why. I would just ignore those turds

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Some inflate the price because of all the low ball offers.

The classifieds here suck now. Have for a long time. There should be a common respect that if you don't like the price of something listed you just pass on it. Not trash the seller's post. We are all supposed to be adults here. I think the fact that we cant communicate with the sellers directly on the thread has really brought the classifieds here way down.

Man....The good old days but that was then and this is now.The new America get used to it.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    But we are not all adults here and that's the problem. Also YOU CAN communicate with someone on their post. Send them an e-mail. U cant just bash them in print to make an impression on your buddies.

The classifieds here suck now. Have for a long time. There should be a common respect that if you don't like the price of something listed you just pass on it. Not trash the seller's post. We are all supposed to be adults here. I think the fact that we cant communicate with the sellers directly on the thread has really brought the classifieds here way down.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The classifieds were more effective back in the day... if you tried to overcharge for something on here you knew you were going to get flamed!

Not to mention the classified discussions were the best thing online!

Really missing being able to comment. Yes, I know it was more work for the moderators, and that the ban hammer spent less time collecting dust, but damn it was fun!

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    The classifieds were more effective back in the day... if you tried to overcharge for something on here you knew you were going to get flamed!

Not to mention the classified discussions were the best thing online!

Really missing being able to comment. Yes, I know it was more work for the moderators, and that the ban hammer spent less time collecting dust, but damn it was fun!

I agree.Its just that some of the high price sellers/mods were butthurt and did not want any comments on their sale threads.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    But we are not all adults here and that's the problem. Also YOU CAN communicate with someone on their post. Send them an e-mail. U cant just bash them in print to make an impression on your buddies.
    Were you even here pre comment ban?I don't think anyone was trying to impress their buddies when commenting on sales threads

Scylas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    I agree.Its just that some of the high price sellers/mods were butthurt and did not want any comments on their sale threads.

Since when are we a bunch of bleeding heart politically correct douchebags though? This isn't the same thing as when kids ridicule and bully other kids over something stupid - this is a legitimate reason to call someone out for doing something screwed up. I'd certainly like to see these guys get called out, and if they don't like it they have three options:

1) gtfo
    2) change their douchebaggy behavior and start acting like decent human beings
    3) accept the ridicule that will inevitably come their way and suck it up

I'm not just sore over their greed either. They make my efforts to sift through the classifieds exponentially more difficult and time consuming because I have to check their prices only to see that it's some dumb price and I'd rather it not be listed at all.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Since when are we a bunch of bleeding heart politically correct douchebags though? This isn't the same thing as when kids ridicule and bully other kids over something stupid - this is a legitimate reason to call someone out for doing something screwed up. I'd certainly like to see these guys get called out, and if they don't like it they have three options:

1) gtfo

I'm not just sore over their greed either. They make my efforts to sift through the classifieds exponentially more difficult and time consuming because I have to check their prices only to see that it's some dumb price and I'd rather it not be listed at all.
    I could search back and get you the exact date but Im too lazy.It was a awesome sales forum at one time though.Bought and sold much stuff there.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette

1) gtfo

By the same token, since when are we a bunch of crybaby whiners? No one is obligated to shop here. We all have options:
    1) gtfo
    2)change our entitlement mentalities and act like adults
    3)accept that it is what it is for now. Suck it up buttercup.

If clicking a mouse to enjoy your hobby is work then maybe reconsider. If the LGS prices are too high like some around here I opt not to patronize. BS.com doesnt run a discount shopping membership. They arent the only game in town. Price gouging has a way of working itself out by market forces. This works for cars, firearms and real estate. If you find a more pallatable deal somewhere else you should take it. Vote with your dollars.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana

Yeah they've gotten so much better now that no one can comment right????

I see less sponsors in the near future because of the less traffic the site now has.

Heck the most traffic I've seen lately is because of hopes of a new spyderco knife.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom