Saenger

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    From their website FAQ

Are concealed weapons permit holders allowed to cary within the building?
    Firearms are prohibited within the theatre.

That's their spelling not mine.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Oh well! I guess we forgot to leave our firearms in the car before seeing "Phantom of the Opera."
    If we had known about the policy and left them in the car, we would have simply asked the armed robber for permission to get the guns out of the car.
    In any case, "Gun Free Zones" are about as effective as the Brady(whore) Law and the GCA(Nazi GCA 1938 law) of 1968.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    anyone know what the policy is on carry there? any metal detectors when going in?

There are already a number of threads concerning this. The search option is your friend.

With that being said... it only addresses Concealed Carry Permit Holders... so I guess open carry is fine. :)

Last edited:

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Ever since the Paris incident, they are using portable metal detectors and checking bags.
    What a pain, but if you park close, there are lots of police, and lots of people before and after performances.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Ever since the Paris incident, they are using portable metal detectors and checking bags.
    What a pain, but if you park close, there are lots of police, and lots of people before and after performances.

The last time I went, there were no metal detectors and a ton of NOPD. They never checked a damn thing.

We ended up leaving early and all the NOPD officers were MIA... so they must have only been on detail for a certain period of time.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    We went to Blue Man Group a few weeks ago - great show!

They didn't check anything. I ended up parking on Treme about a half block off canal in a high rise garage (10$). I was not happy about the walk back to the Saenger. They had some characters along the way... I was expecting metal detectors so I didn't bring so much as a pocket knife. Security around the Saenger building is good. A block away and you're on your own.

I also found out that the Saenger offers valet parking in the building but you have to buy tickets to the parking online.

Guitardude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Dallas, Texas
    As of 28 May 2016, no metal detectors or bag checks at the Saenger. Because of the uncertainty, I didn't carry. We were staying a few blocks away on Canal and while I did not feel too uncomfortable, the freaks were definite out.

The wife and I are coming to town for a couple of days, and a night seeing Wicked is part of the stay...interesting that they aren't conducting some kind of checks.

I LOVE New Orleans...the food, the history, the energy...but it's the only real place we visit on a regular basis that I feel "uncomfortable" without at least my BUG in my pocket...

thanks for the information. Guess I'll decide rather to carry on the walk from the Royal Sonesta and back, or drive and use the parking I already bought...

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    My last trip was my first time in well over 20 years, and I hadn't looked online ahead but assumed a no gun policy. We parked 2 1/2 well-lit, highly visible blocks away ($20 difference for that short walk) only to arrive to no bag checks, no metal detectors, and no signs that I noticed. The police presence appeared to be solely for directing traffic and the lines waiting to go in and see Neil de'Grasse Tyson weren't full of unruly folk.

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    Good info, thanks for sharing.
    I would expect the bag and persons to be checked with a handheld detector for certain events given different crowds.
    I've been to a few shows there that were nice and some that were ok, it was the ok shows that I was glad to have gone with a group of friends and no female companions. Some crowds at certain events are more aggressive or crazy for lack of better words to describe.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Wife and daughter went last night. I really wish they had a parking area for passenger pickup to wait... I parked illegally across the street. They have some characters walking by...

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I was surprised to see our Lt. Gov. Billy N. on the TV last night saying we really have to do something about all the "Gutter Punks" standing or laying around on every corner. It makes the Quarter look bad and it reflects badly on Louisiana to all the tourists that come here from all parts of the globe. Watch for new developments concerning this issue.
    Wife and daughter went last night. I really wish they had a parking area for passenger pickup to wait... I parked illegally across the street. They have some characters walking by...

Top Bottom