beretta 1301 tactical 12guage review

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    hello all, just figured I would give a quick review on my beretta 1301 tactical. has a 18 1/2" barrel cylinder bore, ghost sights, holds 5 plus 1( have to remove the black spring holder and use the threaded cap to hold spring in, so on taking it apart you will have to watch out the spring doesn't go flying) otherwise it holds 4 plus 1. took it to the range this weekend and ran a some slugs, 00 buck and 7shot through it. ran a good 2 boxes of 7 shot 7/8 powder with not a single issue!!!! usually the short barrel semi auto shotguns do not like nothing but high brass, but this beretta with the blink system ate them up, just like my A400 extreme!!!! I tried Winchester 00buck and had the typical 1" spread per yard... so about 23" pattern with cylinder bore at 25yards, nice for a tactical shotgun, but was wanting a little tighter because I want to use it as a deer hunting shotgun also. I hunt in the swamps usually paddling a pirogue never much more than 50 yrd shot. so I tried some federal flight control 00 buck, wow!!! I got a good 8"-10" group at 30 yards!!! that stuff is amazing!!! off to the slugs, I was able to put 5 slugs in a 4" group at 50 yards from a standing position, way better than I was expecting. in the recoil dept. it really wasn't that bad for a shotgun that only weighs 6.3lbs. I did add a sims limb saver, which prob helped a lot. I will try to load the rest of the pics later of the patterns. paid right at $1097 out the door at bass pro, kinda high for a tactical shotgun, but after do some research by time I bought a semi/pump, added the extended tube and sights,extended charging handle, extended bolt release, extended safety, picitany rail, and drilled and tapped reciver, and the fine tuning to get a 1187 to function I would have been around the same price. so if you are considering this gun I would say go with it, btw I was considering getting the 1301 comp. that has a 21" barrel, but all bass pro had was the 24" barrel and has a bead sight. I wanted the option of changing chokes, but with a pattern like that with flight control I got more than I need with that pattern.... well

Attachments

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      286.3 KB · Views: 428
    Last edited:

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    My opinion is Beretta makes the finest shotguns on the market, my 3901 is tough, tough, tough. I also have a Beretta built Browning B-80 that is equally as nice.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    The 1301s are very sweet shotguns.

Here is one we did for a customer recently:

The Nordic Components extended mag tube for the Extrema works on the 1301s BTW.

If anyone is looking, we stock these regularly along with the Comp models.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Yea I have an a400 extreme, that thing is a machine!!! Eats anything, so I figured the blink system would be good to go with for this and man, beretta hit the nail on the head, I have never seen a semi 12 guage with a 18.5" barrel function with anything but buckshot or high brass reliable. And I shot 2 boxs of light loads, not even a hiccup ,kicked like a 410,lol, they do make some fine guns

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    I've been thinking about getting one for home defense, handled it at Cabela's and it's really sweet. But only if I could find a range where I could shoot it for patterning and not just trap and skeet.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I've been thinking about getting one for home defense, handled it at Cabela's and it's really sweet. But only if I could find a range where I could shoot it for patterning and not just trap and skeet.

I took it to Sherburne, kinda sucked cause I had to kneel down but I just put up some cord board and went to town

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Took it to the range again yesterday, iron sights, 50 yards was making 2-3" group on rest, and managed a 5-6" group at 100yards, prob all my fault I think it can do better, that's is one fine gun!!! Chris at interstate, you sure do have me thinking about a mini red dot!!!! That gun looks sweet like that!!!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    new pic

shotgun.jpgshotgun.jpg

figured I would send some pics, that flight control wad is sweet!!! and that's a improved cylinder bore!!!

- - - Updated - - -

shotgun.jpgshotgun.jpg

figured I would send some pics, that flight control wad is sweet!!! and that's a improved cylinder bore!!!

plate is 50yrds slugs and my 1894ss .44mag

GO DAWGS

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Aug 24, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm debating on the Tactical or Competition model...can someone gives me the pros/cons to each of these.

Just looking for a casual shooter and possibly look at 3 gun later on down the road. Also looking at the possibility of adding an optic. Thanks guys and gals.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom