Texas beat us.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/heal...an-hospital-ebola-patient-isolation/16460629/

There was a thread about possible Ebola in N.O.

Looks like we didn't get "lucky"

Remember, it's "not airborne" but a cough or a sneeze can transmit it.

I'm not freeking out, we will likely be fine so long as it doesn't mutate, but I AM discusted with our "leaders" for doing such a pisspoor job that this happens, when it was likely preventable through accepted practices.

Gift that keeps on giving....

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Why are we still allowing flights to come into the US from the region where Ebola is currently known to be? There's no way to screen for it at an airport- and in the case of this guy, he was here 12 days before it became known he had it. :dunno:

(Of course, an infected host could still squeeze in from another country....but still....:confused:)

Last edited:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    One could say our government doesn't care, or even wants it to happen! But that would be tinfoilish wouldn't it! Sort of like the illegal immigrants! I don't no, it's to depressing to think about, I'm going back to grazing

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.
    The thing is, our sanitation, hand washing, etc. make us VERY different than the countries where Ebola is spreading. I'm not saying it's not a concern, but I just don't see it taking off here like it is over there. Nowhere near, in fact.

Charles1959

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Covington, La.
    One could say our government doesn't care, or even wants it to happen! But that would be tinfoilish wouldn't it! Sort of like the illegal immigrants! I don't no, it's to depressing to think about, I'm going back to grazing

Not really that tinfoilish. An impending or active contagion epidemic would actually be the "best" scenario in which to call off an election. In the name of public safety, you couldn't have people hanging out in long lines waiting to vote, now could you?

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    The thing is, our sanitation, hand washing, etc. make us VERY different than the countries where Ebola is spreading. I'm not saying it's not a concern, but I just don't see it taking off here like it is over there. Nowhere near, in fact.

Good point. But how safe would WE be if it infected, say....half of Mexico?

It will never happen though. Mexico hospitals are world leaders in the field of cleanliness and sanitation. Besides, even if it did ravage Mexico our southern border has never been stronger than it is now.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    new virus, in a new part of the world, in a new environment, with a new genetic pool as possible carriers. In its current form I wouldn't think it all that huge of a threat like it is in Africa as sated above. BUT we all need to remember a virus like all living things, wants to continue to live. Traditionally a virus becomes far more likely to mutate when they are introduced into an area with the above listed changes. Especially when it is given time to spread.

I'm going watch Outbreak.

- - - Updated - - -

It will never happen though. Mexico hospitals are world leaders in the field of cleanliness and sanitation. Besides, even if it did ravage Mexico our southern border has never been stronger than it is now.

You just put me at ease :rolleyes:

eggplant33

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Covington, LA
    new virus, in a new part of the world, in a new environment, with a new genetic pool as possible carriers. In its current form I wouldn't think it all that huge of a threat like it is in Africa as sated above. BUT we all need to remember a virus like all living things, wants to continue to live. Traditionally a virus becomes far more likely to mutate when they are introduced into an area with the above listed changes. Especially when it is given time to spread.

Well, technically, a virus isn't alive...

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.

Methinks I sense a bit o' the old sarcasm! But...point made.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Methinks I sense a bit o' the old sarcasm! But...point made.

We can barely keep up with and properly quarantine these first few cases that have slipped in via the airports. Tehas is still trying to figure out just where all the places are that this guy puked on day 5. Imagine 500 "undocumented" cases slipping across the southern border seeking medical attention hidden within sea of 5000 running from the plague. An Ebola ravaged Mexico would make Beirut look like a utopia.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    We can barely keep up with and properly quarantine these first few cases that have slipped in via the airports. Tehas is still trying to figure out just where all the places are that this guy puked on day 5. Imagine 500 "undocumented" cases slipping across the southern border seeking medical attention hidden within sea of 5000 running from the plague. An Ebola ravaged Mexico would make Beirut look like a utopia.

It's going to happen, no doubt in my mind.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    And what does this say to terrorists??? send martyrs to infected areas, get them infected and try to travel to US to cause massive panic and havoc...imagine the loss in productivity and strain on the economy with all thenparents of all those kids who now have to stay home to keep there kids from getting infected...

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    And what does this say to terrorists??? send martyrs to infected areas, get them infected and try to travel to US to cause massive panic and havoc...imagine the loss in productivity and strain on the economy with all thenparents of all those kids who now have to stay home to keep there kids from getting infected...

Happened on a small scale in Dallas yesterday.

School Children

Duncan did come in contact with five children who attended four Dallas ISD schools. They were pulled out of class and will be isolated at home.

The district notified parents at Conrad High, Hotchkiss Elementary, Dan D. Rogers Elementary and Tasby Middle schools. Letters also went home to parents at Lowe Elementary because it is next door to Tasby.

Some parents pulled their students out of school early after hearing the news.

*I am very afraid and I feel like they should let us know for the safety of our children. They should tell us who the child is and where the people are living at. It's our obligation to keep our children safe and it's their obligation to keep us safe,* said Natasha Lawrence, a parent.

The district would not disclose the names of the students for privacy reasons. None are showing symptoms of the deadly virus.

They will be allowed to communicate with their teachers over the internet. However, the absences for other children whose parents choose to keep them home will not be excused.

Top Bottom