Looking for a special sort of gun-free zone sign

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    How are people coming in open carrying an AR pistol conversion, in their hands? On a sling? Having trouble picturing this. Perhaps a sign that states "all firearms must be holstered". If they come in carrying this type of weapon, tell them to take it back to their car. Hell, if they came in with that in their hands, if I was on a jury, that would be justification enough for me.

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    How are people coming in open carrying an AR pistol conversion, in their hands? On a sling? Having trouble picturing this. Perhaps a sign that states "all firearms must be holstered". If they come in carrying this type of weapon, tell them to take it back to their car. Hell, if they came in with that in their hands, if I was on a jury, that would be justification enough for me.

I think we have a winner here.

This might be misinterpreted by your clientele.
    Concealed-Carry-Sign-NHE-16347_300.gif

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Well there is a huge difference between Open Carrying a firearm and brandishing a firearm.

Kinda like those guys who were going around carrying in the low ready position. That's asking for trouble.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA

On a sling, front carry, with at least one hand under it. Looked like he was playing bodyguard for the other guy who was of equal disrepute.

Last edited:

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    The place I take my wife's Caravan in for work requires you to remove all firearms from your vehicle before they take custody for service as they state they are not liable for them.

If the customer can't carry the guns with them, where do they put them? If you won't allow customers to remove firearms from their vehicles to be serviced, then you must accept the liability for the firearms left in the vehicle. You can't have it both ways.

You could have a sign requesting firearms removed from vehicles for service and carried openly to be unloaded before entering the waiting room or building.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I don't think that is the original issue. I think this leans more towards some low type individuals trying to act tough. Honestly, if you have an AR pistol conversion in your car when you go to the shop, and think the most appropriate course of action is to just walk into the waiting area with it unannounced slung up with your hand on it so as to not leave it in the car, I'm not sure how you had enough common sense to get to the point in life that you own a car or said rifle (pistol, whatever). Talk to the staff first, if they want your business, something will be worked out. My car never sees a shop, but if it did there is no way I would leave any firearm in it while it was being worked on, for theft and liability reasons. Nor would I go to the auto shop with a gun in the car that I could not conceal before I got out of the vehicle. If the customer can't carry them with them (discreetly and non-threatening like), then they should put them in a sock drawer at home before they leave for the shop.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    No matter which way you go with the sign, you are going to lose business. I saw it happen a few times.

Best way to handle it is on a case by case basis. Just walk up to the offender and say the firearm is upsetting other customers and could they be more discreet with the gun.

You might also suggest that you could store it in an office temporarily,

If that does not work, just take the gun and beat the man up with it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom