DOJ accused of targeting gun industry with 'Choke Point' program

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Morey stole to start his own business. Debbie even told Melissa of this before we let Morey go.

That does not change the fact that Whitney Bank took the money out of our account and called the loan just like other banks are doing under Operation Choke Point.

But you said it was "because of the condition the store was in". And later spent weeks blaming the finance problems on employees and theft. And now blame it on Operation Chokepoint. At least pick one scapegoat and run with it.

AFFS

When seconds count...
    Jan 31, 2012
    New Orleans, LA
    lachef You are not out $8,000.00 I am.

I was giving the run around for week trying to get my Money
    3 day before he closed shop, he look me eye to eye and say he use it to "pay off some bills"
    and that I would get my money next Tuesday .
    So where is my Money let me know where and when I can meet with you to pick it up.

You need to take that up with Whitney Bank. I was trying to recover from the bank taking the $30k out of our account. I was working on a bridge loan with another company to payoff Whitney Bank and take care of the orders and consignments but Whitney went into our account again that last week and that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Now with these news reports about the DoJ Operation Choke Point we see that the gov't it's pulling the strings of the banks.

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    No you took my money as you say to pay your bills not the bank. You had it and used it before all that happen.
    You say you will make it good and have the money for me . I am still waiting.
    How can you look at yourself and know you are so full of it. Whitney Bank didn't used my funds to pay the bills you did.
    Own up to what you did and stop trying to blame every body else. Pay me back like you say you would. You can make monthly payments.

Last edited:

AFFS

When seconds count...
    Jan 31, 2012
    New Orleans, LA
    A business owner who is trying to recover from what Whitney Bank did is not going to air all of his business before a stranger.

Now we see that the Obama administration was pulling the strings of the banks to shut down gun stores.

GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    He keeps parroting the same thing, over and over. Almost as if he is trying to make himself if no one else, believe. My fault or not, i wouldn't be able to sleep at night had this happened to people who put enough trust in me to hand me thousands of dollars. You seem to handle it quite well.

Hattrick 22

Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    You need to take that up with Whitney Bank. I was trying to recover from the bank taking the $30k out of our account. I was working on a bridge loan with another company to payoff Whitney Bank and take care of the orders and consignments but Whitney went into our account again that last week and that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Now with these news reports about the DoJ Operation Choke Point we see that the gov't it's pulling the strings of the banks.

Just wow. Golden Dragon I hope you filed charges against this guy... or something. What a **** poor excuse...

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    As everyone knows American Freedom Firearms was shutdown last year when Whitney Bank cancelled our business loan and refused to re-fi the balloon note on our commercial loan. This forced us into insolvency and eventually into Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Everyone said I was crazy for blaming the gov't for pulling Whitney Bank's string in forcing us to close but now we are seeing evidence that Eric Holder and the DoJ was doing this all along as a back-door way to gun-control.

Now Tactical Firearms in Texas is being threatened into the same exact situation that happened to American freedom Firearms.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/O...id=HYhDuNJbMB0
    So you signed loan papers that had a balloon note at the end of the term of the loan, and you did not have sufficient funds on hand to pay off the note?

I'm not going to go into the intricacies of operations and business decisions that were made for filing for new LLC and EIN and FFL and SOT after Morey Butler stole from us and then deciding to operate under the original LLC and dissolving the new entity

It has nothing to do with the fact that Whitney Bank pulled our bank loan much like so many other gun stores are facing today under the DoJ Operation Choke Point

Which is it? I'm confused. Did they pull your loan before it was due, or did they simply refuse to accept the liability of renewing your loan, and made attempts to recover some of the money that you owed them, knowingly having read the terms and conditions of the loan before signing the paperwork?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Feb 22, 2008
    A business owner who is trying to recover from what Whitney Bank did is not going to air all of his business before a stranger.

Now we see that the Obama administration was pulling the strings of the banks to shut down gun stores.

But your ok airing the parts that you feel absolve you of blame? Are you responsible for any part of the failure?

1911Dave

Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    But your ok airing the parts that you feel absolve you of blame? Are you responsible for any part of the failure?

People like him never admit fault with anything. There are psychiatric terms for such people.

Just my observations on a situation I wasn't heavily involved in. I would stop in AFFS occasionally. I knew Maury from when he was at Shooter's Club and Roger from a LONG time ago. I would stop in and look for something... a holster once, a mag carrier another time, etc. The answer was always we don't have it. Can you order it? No need, we should have some coming in next week. I'd come back a few times hoping the item would appear and it never would. After a few times of that happening I gave up. The location wasn't exactly convenient for me to stop in so I'd give up. If they couldn't handle a $20 or $50 order, why would I order a firearm from them? As it turned out I'm glad I didn't. Nothing personal...

These people were always scum. Always treated customers terribly unless you were a cop or a regular. Maury was the only one who actually was helpful when I went there. So glad their business fell apart like it did. Well deserved. Sucks so many good people got screwed over though by them though because of their terrible business practices.

Last edited:

AFFS

When seconds count...
    Jan 31, 2012
    New Orleans, LA
    Rand Paul Seeks To Prevent ‘End-Around’ On Gun Companies

2014-05-12T221951Z_1_CBREA4B1Q1600_RTROPTP_4_FREEDOMSUMMIT-e1403303931141.jpg

Kentucky U.S. Sen. Rand Paul has filed an amendment aimed at protecting Second Amendment rights by preventing two federal agencies from pulling an *end-around* on gun and ammunition manufacturers and sellers.

Officials at the FDIC have stated that Operation Choke Point is a DOJ program, though a House committee recently revealed documents that indicated that the FDIC has helped DOJ with the initiative.

FDIC has labeled around 30 industries, including gun and ammunition dealers, as *high-risk.* Coin dealing, payday lending, and adult entertainment are also considered *high-risk.*

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/20/r...nt-end-around-on-gun-companies/#ixzz35NfYDDaV

AFFS

When seconds count...
    Jan 31, 2012
    New Orleans, LA
    People like him never admit fault with anything. There are psychiatric terms for such people.

These people were always scum. Always treated customers terribly unless you were a cop or a regular. Maury was the only one who actually was helpful when I went there. So glad their business fell apart like it did. Well deserved. Sucks so many good people got screwed over though by them though because of their terrible business practices.

Maury (actually spelled Morey) is the only one who actually committed felony theft as defined by intentionally seeking to cause loss or harm to another

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I just think it's hilarious that the Chokepoint thing was never brought up during the first round of finger pointing. Seems like if it were indeed the cause, it would have been mentioned back then. I mean, it's literally impossible since Operation Chokepoint didn't exist at the time, but still.

1911Dave

Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I just think it's hilarious that the Chokepoint thing was never brought up during the first round of finger pointing. Seems like if it were indeed the cause, it would have been mentioned back then. I mean, it's literally impossible since Operation Chokepoint didn't exist at the time, but still.

Stop using that silly thing called logic

AFFS

When seconds count...
    Jan 31, 2012
    New Orleans, LA

If you've been paying attention to the news Operation Choke Point has only recently come to light

AFFS

When seconds count...
    Jan 31, 2012
    New Orleans, LA
    And as far as Maury (Morey) goes Debbie told Melissa in 2011 while Morey was still working at 10-8 that they were going to be opening their own business soon and that 10-8 was going to to "fund" it ;)

nola_

Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    If you've been paying attention to the news Operation Choke Point has only recently come to light

Have you informed the author in your original post that her facts are wrong about the dates of Operation Choke Point?

Since Emily Miller is the Chief Investigative reporter for a news station in DC, I'm sure she would greatly appreciate your input.

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

I have been paying attention. I also know it started about a year after AFFS already had financial issues. I also know that the banks have expressly stated the reasons for closing accounts under Chokepoint to their clients. Seems like you would have mentioned it at the time. It would also directly conflict with the other multitude of excuses and finger pointing you've done. You did a fantastic job previously of painting a picture of a horribly run business in poor financial health due to previous owners and employee theft and abuse, now all of a sudden you're saying scratch that, you're just an innocent victim of Obama and the evil banks?

Yes, Operation Chokepoint is happening. The difference is it has nothing to do with what happened to AFFS. I do see how it makes for a very convenient and ideal scapegoat, unfortunately I don't think anyone is dumb enough to believe it nor feel any better about being ripped off.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Wow, the AFFS guy is still making excuses and blaming everyone else for his problems. I'm impressed.

Why hasn't this guy been banned yet for all of the nonsense that he has been involved in?

JR1572

Top Bottom