New Comp-tac MTAC IWB Holster (Pics & Review)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    One of the clips on my Crossbreed Supertuck broke (my own fault) and as I was browsing around trying to find some thicker clips, I found that Comp-tac has a new IWB that mirrors the Tucker Answer. At half price you say? That was my selling point with the Supertuck. Had this (the MTAC) been out at the time, I'd've definitely gotten it over the Supertuck.

Seems alot more sturdy, VERY comfortable, quality is far superior, double layer leather everywhere but along the gunline as to aide in reducing thickness.

$78 shipped from Comp-tac. I also ordered a spare body from them. I'll post pics of it when it comes in.

mtac.jpg

mtac1.jpg

mtac2.jpg

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=35

PS. Ordered it on Friday, got here Wednesday.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Hey Spanky,

Is this better at handling sweat than the crossbreed? I only ask because my 1911 has started to pit on the body side due to my sweat soaking through the Crossbreed leather.

Also, this holster looks a little thicker than the Crossbreed SuperTuck. Is it just as comfortable?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Hey Spanky,

Is this better at handling sweat than the crossbreed? I only ask because my 1911 has started to pit on the body side due to my sweat soaking through the Crossbreed leather.

Also, this holster looks a little thicker than the Crossbreed SuperTuck. Is it just as comfortable?
    It's definitely thicker and even at the parts that are 1 layer it's thicker than the crossbreed leather. I haven't had any issues with sweat soaking through.

ram03reg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    i just came upon the thread i know its old but my question is...does the handle of you gun rub against your skin??

I am looking for a good holster i can invest in and all the reviews i have read have been great...how do you like yours so far?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    i just came upon the thread i know its old but my question is...does the handle of you gun rub against your skin??

I am looking for a good holster i can invest in and all the reviews i have read have been great...how do you like yours so far?

Yes it does. The supertuck didn't but I found that severely inhibited my grip profile when grasping the weapon to draw. I ended up cutting the supertuck to give me a better grip profile. Overall, had I known about the mtac before I got the supertuck, I would have never considered the latter.

b00st3d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    new orleans
    Do you notice the leather causing a wear mark in your gun? I heard leather has a tendency to do that? can you possibly take a pic wearing the holster with a gun in it?

i know its a lot to ask, im just trying to find the perfect iwb holster.

thanks

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Do you notice the leather causing a wear mark in your gun? I heard leather has a tendency to do that? can you possibly take a pic wearing the holster with a gun in it?

i know its a lot to ask, im just trying to find the perfect iwb holster.

thanks

not at all as far as wear/markings.

if you can put up with seeing a fatass, sure. ill take one asap.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom