FL permits

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I didn't get the memo about every FL permit thread being closed, but anyway- LSP seems to have taken down the notice about not recognizing FL non-res. There was a notice there a few days ago.

I wonder if someone got to them about the law saying that LA recognizes permits from states that recognize ours.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Wow, I've never participated in a pro-rights forum that was so quick to censure discussion and close off a thread.

I admit that I am new and came to this site based on this one issue of the Florida Non-resident CC permits.

Well since I can no longer post in the other threads, I'll put the info here.

The State has rescinded it's ban on Florida Non-resident CC permits and will now honor them. They realized that the procedure was incorrect and will address the issue in the upcoming Legislative session next year. Here's the e-mail I received today from Mr. Reavis:

"Mr. Holmes,

In review of the statute discrepancy, Col. Edmonson has rescinded the amended reciprocal agreement. We expect this issue to be addressed in the upcoming legislative session. As for now, Louisiana will honor all Florida permits.

Please feel free to contact my office if you have any other questions.

-Sgt. Clay Reavis"

Here's my question: To those that support not honoring the Fl non-resident CC permits based the lower training requirements, do you also support not having any reciprocal agreement with Fl since their residents only get the same training?

Thanks.

From here:
    http://bayoushooter.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=344244

Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2007
    Sergeants Making Laws

I didn't get the memo about every FL permit thread being closed, but anyway- LSP seems to have taken down the notice about not recognizing FL non-res. There was a notice there a few days ago.

I wonder if someone got to them about the law saying that LA recognizes permits from states that recognize ours.

I'm sure they're aware of the reciprocity law. Just another wannabe dictator thinking he'd impose his will on the citizens, and damn the Legislature and the Constitution. To people like that the Second Amendment means only what they say it means.
    And about the training requirements of Florida as compared to those of Louisiana - I could say a few things about that, but why give more ammunition to our enemies? There are people in the Legislature and in influential positions in the state who would be glad to not only do away entirely with the out-of-state licenses and the Louisiana concealed handgun permit but also put in place gun laws that would require permits to buy and possess firearms and require registration of every firearm we currently own. Let's not help them with any criticism of Florida's and Utah's licensing systems.

Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2007
    If you had been following this saga, perhaps you'd have a clue as to what precipitated it. Do yourself a favor, and make sure of your position before engaging your ignorant mouth/typing fingers and denigrating a well-meaning civil servant.

And BTW... stay tuned for the "rest of the story"... coming to you after the next legislative session.:rolleyes:

Since you seem to know so much about it why don't you enlighten the rest of us?

Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2007
    If you had been following this saga, perhaps you'd have a clue as to what precipitated it. Do yourself a favor, and make sure of your position before engaging your ignorant mouth/typing fingers and denigrating a well-meaning civil servant.

And BTW... stay tuned for the "rest of the story"... coming to you after the next legislative session.:rolleyes:

Just another wannabe dictator thinking he'd impose his will on the citizens, and damn the Legislature and the Constitution. To people like that the Second Amendment means only what they say it means.

I reckon this is the part of my post that set you off this morning. You recognized yourself there, didn't you, from when you were all in favor of denying those people in the trailer park in Baker their Second Amendment rights? You referred to them as animals, and worse, and lumped all of them in the same category. LEO's like you, and that sergeant, we don't need.

J

jayd

I can see the end of this thread, just ahead

I about to close yet another thread due to a lack of civilty........

Last edited by a moderator:

Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2007
    You're right, the "wannabe dictator" comment annoyed me greatly. Clay was one of my subordinates at Troop A, and I have the highest regard for his character and integrity. He is a STAUNCH proponent of the Second Amendment.

Yeah, you, Phares and the sergeant are all staunch proponents of the Second Amendment. Keep repeating that. You should throw Ray Nagin, Eddie Compass and Warren Riley in there too. Six staunch proponents of the Second Amendment.

Here is Greg Phares' idea of staunchly supporting the Second Amendment. It was a statement he made after imposing his own version of the Constitution and Louisiana law in a trailer park in Baker where Katrina evacuees were being housed. I believe I clipped this from the BR Advocate:

10/14/05:

…But a top sheriff's official said that while [keeping guns out was] a "close decision," public safety became the most-important concern rather than constitutional rights.
    "I'm a member of the NRA and a firm supporter of the NRA in most instances," said Col. Greg Phares, chief criminal deputy for the Sheriff's Office.

"But in this instance, I had to balance the responsibility of the Sheriff's Office with constitutional rights," Phares added. "I think it's the right decision. It wasn't a comfortable decision, but it is right."

He said the proximity of the 572 "thin-walled" trailers — situated only 8 feet apart — created a dangerous situation.

And here is your response to my criticism of Phares' trashing of the Second Amendment:

Hmmm... I had forgotten about that. Still, it was special circumstances. It had nothing to do with trailer parks; it had everything to do with the majority of those who inhabit those parks. I'm not saying it was right; but its easy to be critical when YOU don't have to face the heathens;or answer to why they are butchering each other on your watch.

Anyway... here's a tidbit for you. Greg signs off on just about every Class III transfer application that comes through; as long as there is nothing in the applicant's background that would preclude him/her from being approved. Such is not the case in most other parishes,from what we hear.

My point is, he has no problem with LAW-ABIDING citizens and their firearms.You can call that selective enforcement, or whatever else you choose to label it. But he knew how those animals were going to act; and he was right, borne out by FEMA's reluctant decision later to arm the security guards after much violence in the parks; and further indicated by the double-digit inflation to Baton Rouge's murder rate since Katrina. Gee... wonder who's responsible for all of that???

So, yes... on the surface, that "decision" appears to be an abrogation of the Second Amendment. But there is much beneath-the-surface complexity involved.

And yes, he signs my checks. But I'm in a unique position; I'm retired from state service and don't depend on this job. I work for the sheriff's office because I choose to, yet I owe Greg loyalty because he IS my employer. None of that prevents me from saying what I think, unlike those who DO depend upon their job and keep their mouths shut...

So yours and Phares's positions were no different than Nagin and Compass' positions. All of you were ready to deprive citizens of their constitutional rights.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Since Greg is now with the Inspector General's Office we may as well talk about food, right Nick.

Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2007
    Eagle the Archivist.

What was the point of re-posting that? To show everybody what a JBT I am?

The point of posting it was to let anyone who might have missed it the first time around know that although you claim to be a supporter of the Second Amendment, you're not. You come in here, day after day, telling us how dangerous your job in the hood was and talking about what a great defender of the Second Amendment you are. You've proven you're not a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, which makes me wonder what kind of an LEO you really were.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    sounds like some people owe louisianashooter an apology. he was spot on in his assessment.

From what I read of his (which wasn't much) I didn't so much disagree with what he said so much as how he said it.

Top Bottom