"There is no constitutional right to carry a concealed weapon" = BullSh!t

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "There is no constitutional right to carry a concealed weapon." is complete Bullsh!t.

The Second Amendment states that the government "Shall not infringe". That means the government does not have the right to make any law limiting the right of the people to keep and bear arms. All laws limiting our human rights with regard to firearms are unconstitutional.

The Second Amendment does not give us a right, it is there to limit the government from taking our right from us.

JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    Dont you know you need clearance from Big Brother to CC?! You racist/radical/anarchist/bigot/ people and your second amendment.

/sarcasm

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I see a walmart trip report coming up...

I'd pop some popcorn, but I'm too full... we picked up shrimp poboys from Harbor View on Williams...

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    This may be hard for anyone to believe, but try searching the topic of a thread you want to start. It may have been posted before.

JR1572

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I am just happy to know that our new resident constitutional scholar, DuckYou, has made everything clear. I guess that the US Supreme Court doesn't need to address the issue of whether the 2nd Amendment acts as a restraint on state power. Thank goodness. That will save the LSA and 30 other state associations tens of thousands of dollars submitting briefs in an effort to get the Court to incorporate the 2nd Amendment through the 14th Amendment to overrule a state law as violating the right to keep and bear arms for the first time in history.

DuckYou, it is nice to say, but unfortunately, not true. Be thankful that the Louisiana constitution provides greater protection of your right to keep and bear arms than the 2nd Amendment. However, do note that the LA Const. specifically excludes concealed carry from its protection. Sorry dude but history and jurisprudence are against you. However, it is a lofty goal and LSA is working toward it. Perhaps you should join and even donate to the fund for LSA's brief in the McDonald v. City of Chicago that is currently being written. I would be happy for you to join the fight.

Dan

Last edited:

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    when you say under the 14th ammend. do you mean this part:
    Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
    ?

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    That would be it. You need to look at incorporation jurisdiction. Thus far all or part of the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th Amendments have been incorporated to act as limits on the states.

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    soz I was reading the relevant wiki pages as a starter on all this, so bear with and correct any misinformation (or incorrect interpretation, as I do go to public school), but is the reason the 2nd ammend has to be incorporated bc of this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_%28Bill_of_Rights%29#Amendment_II
    Regarding the Second Amendment and the incorporation doctrine, the Supreme Court in District of Columbia v. Heller said (in a footnote):

With respect to Cruikshank's continuing validity on incorporation, a question not presented by this case, we note that Cruikshank also said that the first amendment did not apply against the states and did not engage in the sort of Fourteenth Amendment inquiry required by our later cases. Our later decisions in Presser v. Illinois, 116 U.S. 252, 265 (1886) and Miller v. Texas, 153 U.S. 535, 538 (1894), reaffirmed that the Second Amendment applies only to the Federal Government.[24]

The Cruikshank case held that states could violate the 1st Amendment right to freedom of assembly, the 2nd Amendment right to arms and the 15th Amendment right to vote without the possibility of Federal oversight[25]. The Cruikshank case arose from events now known as the Colfax Massacre, in which blacks trying to vote in Louisiana in 1873 were systematically disarmed and then subjected to three days of arson, riot, rape and murder with over 100 dead before Federal troops moved in to restore order [26]. The Heller court of 2008 condemned Cruikshank yet again (in addition to the footnote above) when they cited with approval a new book by Charles Lane, "The Day Freedom Died" in which "the day" was the day the Cruikshank decision was handed down, basically "legalizing" over 4,000 lynchings and innumerable civil rights violations by state and local governments by barring Federal protection of civil rights [27]. This strong 2008 condemnation of the main anti-incorporation case against the 2nd Amendment has left many observers more or less certain that 2nd Amendment incorporation will happen at the Supreme Court in 2010 [28].

Is Louisiana the root of all this?!?!?

For that particular cause...
    I would like to think of it as empowering the memory of the Founders and the Continental Army

Last edited:
    Top Bottom