Lets talk night sights

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    What does everyone have on their guns? Likes, dislikes? I want something that is also easy to shoot in light.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Trijicon is what I have on my G26. James put the same (I think) on my G19 I bought from him, regardless of which brand once you have them you'll never want to go back.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Ameriglo SW-806 for your M&P. This is green front and yellow rear.

Last edited:

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    XSglock.jpeg

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    +1 on the contrasting front/rear colors. Do a real night shoot under stress, and you will get it. I like orange front with green rear. Same type of contrast with fiber optic sight which sould not be discounted. Tritium does fade over time (half life of 10 years or so) where fiber optics last forever (?). Daytime, fiber optics rule.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Day or nite Truglo TFO sites.Ray Charels can see these sites.

You have to buy in pairs, can not buy a single front or rear if needed. 90 day warranty and some do not last that long. Poor service. I saw several bought and replaced in less than a year. Only 90 days when others are 10-12 years.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    You have to buy in pairs, can not buy a single front or rear if needed. 90 day warranty and some do not last that long. Poor service. I saw several bought and replaced in less than a year. Only 90 days when others are 10-12 years.
    I got a set used and they are so bright you gotta cover them up at nite to sleep.I have gotten them plenty hot shooting and hit them with barricade oil about every 3 days.Ill post up if they go out but they seem to be going great.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I got a set used and they are so bright you gotta cover them up at nite to sleep.I have gotten them plenty hot shooting and hit them with barricade oil about every 3 days.Ill post up if they go out but they seem to be going great.

Good Luck with yours, I hope they last for years. I saw more problems with the TFO's the first couple years they were on the market than I had seen with all others combined and I have changed quite a few on Glocks. They May have improved but I have seen their customer service lacking also.

Top Bottom