Chrome AK's at Classic Arms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Indeed they look cool. Hard to tell if it was the chrome or just the flash causing the shine.

I don't know... it says this right above the pics:

TODAY IS FRIDAY 02/05/2010

WELL SCAT THE CAT AND SPIT IN THE FIRE YA'LL AIN'T NEVER SEEN NOTHING LIKE THIS!!! HARD CHROME ROMANIAN AK RIFLES

ROMAKMVCH.jpg

ROMAKMVCH2.jpg

ABOUT THE CHROME RIFLES AND CHROMING PROCESS
    FIRST OF ALL LET ME APOLOGIZE FOR MY PHOTO'S. MANY TIMES DURING THE COURSE OF MY DUTIES HERE AS THE WEBSITE GUY I HAVE WISHED THAT GOD HAD ALLOWED ME TO BE BORN WITH BETTER PHOTGHRAPHY SKILLS INSTEAD OF JUST BEING SO GOOD LOOKING. IF THAT WERE THE CASE, MY PHOTO'S COULD DO BETTER JUSTICE TO JUST HOW NICE THESE RIFLES REALLY ARE. AND NOT ONLY DO THEY LOOK GOOD. THIS FINISH ACTUALLY INCREASES THE STRENGTH OF THE METAL. MAKE NO MISTAKE. THIS IS NOT PLATING, WHICH COULD EVENTUALLY PEEL OR FLAKE OFF. THIS IS AN ELECTRO-MAGNETIC HARD CHROME THAT IS FAR TOUGHER THAN THE ORIGINAL BLUED FINISH AND WILL NEVR FADE , PEEL OR RUST. RATHER THAN JUST SIT ON THE SURFACE OF THE METAL THIS FINISH ACTUALLY PENETRATES INTO THE SURFACE AND WILL LAST A LIFETIME. IT IS ALSO ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. UNFORTUNATELY, IT IS VERY TIME CONSUMING AND EXPENSIVE TO HAVE DONE PROPERLY AND AS SUCH WE HAVE TO LIMIT OUR RUNS TO JUST A FEW PIECE AT A TIME. THIS ALSO SERVES TO KEEP THEM VERY EXCLUSIVE. WE HAVE DONE SOME OF THESE IN THE DISTANT PAST AND THEY WERE QUITE POPULAR. UNFORTUNATELY, WHILE THEY WERE VERY DESIREABLE, THEY JUST WERE NOT COST EFFECTIVE FOR US. THE PROCEEDURE WAS SO EXPENSIVE THAT WE COULDN'T RAISE THE PRICE ENOUGH TO SELL THEM FOR A PROFIT. WELL, FOR THE TIME BEING THAT SEEMS TO HAVE CHANGED. WITH THE ECONOMIC DOWNTURN, OUR CONTACT IN THE CHROMING WORLD FOUND THEMSELVES BETWEEN CONTRACTS, AND OFFERED US A DEAL ON A CERTAIN NUMBER OF RIFLES. AS SUCH WE DECIDED TO GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY. SO THAT IS THE STORY. THESE RIFLES MAY NOT LAST LONG, OR MAY ONLY BE AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME. IF YOU WANT SOMETHING THAT IS VERY UNIQUE AND A TRUE MASTERPIECE FOR COLLECTORS. GRAB ONE OF THESE NOW.
    NOTE, THE BORES AND CHAMBERS ON ALL CHROME RIFLES ARE PLUGGED AND NOT SUBJECTED TO THE CHROMING PROCESS SO THE ORIGINAL BORES REMAIN AND ACCURACY IS NOT AFFECTED.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    They are indeed hard chrome versions of WASR AK's. Century had some a few years ago along with chrome SKS, MAK pistols and Mosin Nagant 91/30 rifles. It hurts to see perfectly good rifles and pistols ruined like that.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    what kind of underfolder is that?

Probably an Iraqi Tabuk, they're very close (if not identical) to the Yugos.

The AKs that Classic is selling are chromed. They sold some chrome Yugos a year or two ago.

These particular ones, I'd pass on. It's just a chrome-plated WASR; nothing special.

I bet some of the people who paid $500 for a WASR during the Obama craziness are pissed now to see that they could've waited and gotten one chrome-plated for that price. :rofl:

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Somebody must have liked them because they are no longer on the site. I think with the right furniture they could look good but that standard WASR wood has to go. Like the black plastic pistol grip on the gold AK. That looks completely out of place, especially next to those beautiful wood handguards. I don't get that at all.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    dont know about the underfolder but the svd looking one on the bottom is called an al-kadesiah

They look like they have Yugo buttstocks and grips so I would say a Krink but the front end and sights are wrong. Wikipedia (always accurate :) ) says that the Yugo AK company Zastava designed the Tabuk sniper and based it on the M70. It's chambered in 7.62x39 and not 54r as I expected. The al-kadesiah is chambered in 54r as shown here:

dlhe9sue1gomehoz5m.jpg

Here's a couple more shots of the underfolders plus a nice chrome one.

p8ofwyssuyz9kbavv8z9.jpg

If your eyes are really good maybe you can read the paper in this shot. I see the word Tabuk and also al-kadesiah which refers to the bottom rifle. Maybe that makes the underfolder a Tabuk.

1jjieyu1kv70s04q2bm8.jpg

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom