churches and synagogues

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Is there any pending legislation that would alter Louisiana CHP law regarding carry in churches and synagogues?

Someone mentioned this to me, and the only thing I've heard about is the school zone issue.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Some was talking about it a couple days ago...you might try a search

Guns in churches......I dunno, maybe for alterboys might be good in some situations

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    With all the focus on the school zone issue, this wasn't even on my radar. Thanks for the info guys.

For what it's worth, if a congregation wants a security detail, I think they can just have a few members register as security guards, and that will cover it. I haven't personally looked at the requirements for a security guard license, but I don't think it's too tough to get.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    With all the focus on the school zone issue, this wasn't even on my radar. Thanks for the info guys.

For what it's worth, if a congregation wants a security detail, I think they can just have a few members register as security guards, and that will cover it. I haven't personally looked at the requirements for a security guard license, but I don't think it's too tough to get.

Actually is kinda tough. Insurance usvthe main thing. Youvpretty much have to be part of an established company. Looked into starting a small one myself. Plenty of bureacratic hoops.

Top Bottom