"Man" shot to death Sunday by 5th District officers as Jamyrin Points, 17

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Almost as bad as being punched in the face for jaywalking. Cops should have shot him in the ankle instead. And people wonder why cops act the way they do...but hey, they knew tards would be shooting at them with AK47(via scanner) when they took the job right? :rolleyes:

At least all 26's were OK.

The Orleans Parish Coroner's Office has indentified a man shot to death Sunday by 5th District officers as Jamyrin Points, 17.

The officers have not been identified, but have been placed on administrative reassignment, according to the department.

Investigators say that after receiving a call of 'shots fired' at a park near the intersection of Law Street and Franklin Avenue, the officers arrived at the scene and were directed to an individual carrying an assault rifle, at which point they confronted him.

After they ordered him to drop the assault rifle, the perpetrator raised the rifle towards three officers, who fired several shots striking him in the body, they said.

Emergency medical technicians were summoned to the scene where the perpetrator was pronounced dead.

Another individual, who was located suffering from a gunshot wound to the ankle in the 2100 block of Music Street, is now listed in stable condition. This injury is believed to have been sustained at the time of this incident.

Homicide Detective Sergeant Daniel McMullen is in charge of this investigation. Members of the Public Integrity Bureau were on the scene to conduct an independent review.

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    If we had just provided education, food, and a job; none of this would have ever happened:doh:. Just ask Mr. Hutchinson, from the Advocate this morning.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'd like to take this opportunity to ask forgivness from Jamyrin's community for whatever role I may have played in his demise.:o

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not sure if this link was posted earlier. I didn't see it.
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/06/man_shot_and_killed_by_nopd_of.html

What's with the comments calling this ass a "kid" and a "child". At 17 you should have all the reasoning ability of an adult, especially when it comes to things like... oh I don't know... MURDER and SHOOTING AT COPS. I don't know why some insist on babying assholes and making excuses for their behavior. I don't give a f*** what childhood this guy had. He's a big boy, and I've got no sympathy for him since he decided to point an AK at police.

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    What's with the comments calling this ass a "kid" and a "child". At 17 you should have all the reasoning ability of an adult, especially when it comes to things like... oh I don't know... MURDER and SHOOTING AT COPS. I don't know why some insist on babying assholes and making excuses for their behavior. I don't give a f*** what childhood this guy had. He's a big boy, and I've got no sympathy for him since he decided to point an AK at police.

:hsugh:

Top Bottom