Cannon Safe sale (until Sept 6th) at Tractor Supply

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    http://www.tractorsupply.com/safes/cannon-ts6030e-21-gun-safe-3809071

Store up to 24 rifles in the Cannon TS6030/21 E-lock Gun Safe.

Size: 60 in. H x 30 in. W x 20 in. D
    24 rifle capacity
    U.L.® RSC security rating
    21 cu. ft. of storage space
    Deluxe 5 spoke handle
    Commercial grade e-lock allows owner to change combination
    Built in Power Box provides two outlets inside safe
    Automotive grade upholstered shelving and interior walls
    Adjustable tracks allow shelves to be raised, lowered, or removed
    Pre drilled for bolting to floor
    1 in. thick multi-layer door with 1 in. locking bolts
    3 layers of armored hard plate protect the lock mechanism
    Spring loaded re-locker keeps safe locked even after lock has been removed
    30 minute fire rating
    Expandable fire seal helps keep out smoke and heat - seal expands up 12 times its size
    Residential Warranty: Free repair or replacement of safe after a fire, natural flood or burglary attack
    Limited Lifetime Warranty

--Stopped by TS in Crowley, LA on way home and found this deal.
    --Called Cannon and was told the only difference between this safe and the ones that were comparable online (Patriot series) was an extra door-bolt and an extra 1" plate in the door.
    Sale is good until Sept 6th, but you can get a raincheck if they are out.

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I have all my rifles laying around in my closet. I went TSC this morning and picked one up. Now the trick is getting it in place. We are trying to find a good place for it in the house. It didnt look this big in the store.

Last edited:

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Do you have pics of the inside???

I'm offshore at the moment and do not have photos on this computer, but I'll tell you how it is laid out. There is a full width horizontal shelf about 10 inches below the upper edge of the door opening, and this shelf has cutouts on each side to accomodate rifle barrels. There is a vertical divider at midpoint beneath the shelf which extends to the floor of the safe. An extra shelf is included along with shelf brackets on the safe walls and divider to allow you to configure the space to best serve your needs. The safe comes with electrical cords to run lighting and/or dehumidifier. The interior is finished in a grey automotive cloth. You will have several options as to layout. I am using my safe for long guns on one side of the divider, documents, jewelery and photographs on the other side of the divider, and handguns in a rack on the shelf. Remember that Cannon has a lifetime replacement policy in case of flood, fire or theft attempt.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    $600 delivered, no tax since Costco doesn't have a presence in the state. However, you have to be a Costco member or a 5% surcharge is added. Membership is $50 and the surcharge would be $30 for a non-member. Even for $630 delivered to your house I think that's a great deal.

Cannon Safe EX20 Fire Security Safe

476961.jpg

It goes on sale at this price a lot.

Cannon Safe EX20 Review

Last edited:

snapnek

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Woodworth, Louisiana
    Don't waste your time going to get a gun safe to take advantge of our "gracious" state's tax break. The tax break doesn't apply to gun safes. Go figure. I went to Tractor Supply and Academy and got the same answer both places.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Don't waste your time going to get a gun safe to take advantge of our "gracious" state's tax break. The tax break doesn't apply to gun safes. Go figure. I went to Tractor Supply and Academy and got the same answer both places.

Funny I bought this safe on Friday at Tractor Supply in Zachary, LA and the sales tax break did apply.

Matter of fact what they did was give me a 10% discount because the register is programmed to automatrically charge sales tax. It was normally $699 and they had it on sale for $599 and gave me $60 off of that price.

It is still sitting in my carport waiting on me to try and figure out how to get it in the house.

Last edited:

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Picked up one yesterday from TSC in Gonzales. They only waived the 4% state tax even though I told them over and over that that ALL taxes were to be waived. Didn't want to make a big scene so I left and called the manager back when I got home and had him go to the Dept of Revenue website and actually read the rules. He apologized and told me to come by today and he would refund the difference.

snapnek

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Woodworth, Louisiana
    Well the TSC in Alexandria told me no and the Academy store here told me no. I guess it depends on were you live and who has a clue. Go figure. I'll just keep my $600 and look for a used one. It the principle of the matter.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Two of my neighbors went together and bought a couple of those safes . I helped them unload and move them . They were decent quality .

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    Been meaning to post pics of my most recent setup from this recent safe buy (in OP) to give anyone an idea of how these Cannon safes are set-up with pics of items inside. My intent was to buy a smaller safe for our everyday goods (laptops, everyday jewelry, cash, personal/daily CCW/HD, quick-grab shtf stuff, etc...).

The Cannon was perfect and it was very easy to add plexi-glass shelves. I found the Sylvania line of magnetic Dot-it lights useful to move the lighting around (3rd pic w/ arrows) on the door frame instead of running a hardwire light to each shelf.

Hated to miss out on the group buy at Richie's but I was in a bind to get this done. Hoping to get in on the next group buy later to buy my next "gun only" safe.

Believe this one is still at TS and is now $699.

63p7qc4x94xikdjvjo0u.jpg

lihuczpc5e4c67rtc6e9.jpg

j2bs79uoo1p0h06nq6b.jpg

richiespng

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    That one looks like the same P22 we sell for $699. They are a very popular model. The only difference in the two is about 75lbs. Ours runs about 550 lbs for the P22 vs the 425 for the TS model. Its a great safe though!

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I got the TS safe also. I need to organize it better. Ihave toomany rifles piled in there to put the shelves up nice and neat. All my ammo is in ammo cans in our office. I would need a seperate safe for it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom