Cajun Cryogenics 45/70 Testimonial

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I'll start by saying I'm not a friend David Manchew. The first time I met him was when I brought him my rifle. I have a Marlin 1895gs 45/70. It has a 18.5" barrel.
    It was shooting 3" groups at 100yds. I thought that those groups were reasonable considering it was a 45/70 lever gun with an 18" barrel. Anyways I had it Cryoed just to see. I was skeptical about the whole thing. The first thing I noticed after picking it up was the trigger. It felt much much better. I went and shot it today t sight it in again because I took the scope off to have it treated. Now I did not change anything about the gun. Same scope, rings, and ammo. (Hornady leverevolution 325 grain) Not handloads, these are store bought rounds. I shot 6 time at a 25yd target, 3 times at 50yds, and 3 shots at 100yds. The only cooling time I gave it was to walk down range to put a target up at 100yds. I did not have to make an adjustment after the 50yd target.
    Now you can take or leave, I know I do not have before pics, only after. But the $75 dollars this cost me has been the best $75 I have spent in a long time. I have atatched pics of the 100 yd target fired at 3 times only. I am just presenting my own experience and not trying to start an argument. I am a firm believer now.

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    This is a awesome gun, I have been looking at these for a while and when I handled this one I was sold. I am very happy to see these results and am glad you are happy with the process. Thanks for the business and the testimonial.
    David

iamdat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    baton rouge
    i have a friend (local performance shop) that uses this in his cars and has nothing but great things to say about this. ive done a little bit of research and this stuff, in valve springs, reduced hysteresis dramatically! its great technology we're lucky to have here.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    i have a friend (local performance shop) that uses this in his cars and has nothing but great things to say about this. ive done a little bit of research and this stuff, in valve springs, reduced hysteresis dramatically! its great technology we're lucky to have here.

I have friends that have used this process for their engine parts with great success also. Never really thought about improving accuracy with this process but I guess it's only a plus!

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have moved more to the automotive market because it is more accepted there. Cryogenics has been used in auto racing for a long time and they all know it works. It is widely used on the east and west coast and the manufacturing states just need the south to catch up. If you have any questions feel free to email me at info@cajuncryogenics.com I will be happy to help in any way. Thanks again
    David

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge

I have tested some valve springs and have had good results also. One NHRA team was changing a $400 set of valve springs every 7-8 passes and after cryo processing they got 25-35 before changing. That is a lot of savings of time and money!
    David
    Cajuncryogenics.com

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Rule of thumb for future potential customers. Please machine and check tolerances first before treatment! I've seen some guys work twice as much on machining right after treatment since the material is more durable!

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Even if you don't get an increase in accuracy you do gain in crack resistance, wear resistance and perhaps fatigue life. In stainless it won't be as large a gain as in chromoly. The larger the amount of carbon the greater the results.

You should not see any significant difference in surface hardness. One can cryo an ingot and then begin whatever machining operations they wish. It's no big deal.

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I believe accuracy benefits depend on stresses present in the barrels, this barrel may have had some stress that was relieved during the cryogenic treatment and as a result an substantial increase in accuracy resulted. I believe this is why some barrels do not show accuracy benefits like this, but a barrel that does not show significant increases in accuracy may have a minimal amount of stress for some reason. Most barrels do have residual stresses imposed during manufacturing and will benefit from cryogenic treatment. Many people report accuracy increases like this after cryogenic processing and this was a great example of the kind or results you can see after cryo processing. And keep in mind that there are many other benefits like increases in wear resistnce that are not seen until later in life

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I recently observed 2 shotguns shot at 75' before and after being treated and there were improvements in the pattern. David has the before and after targets and I am waiting for him to discuss the results.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    What effect does the treatment have on gun "plastic" like a Kel-Tec P-11 pistol frame or a SUB2000 trigger assembly? Does it "harden" or make the material "stronger" or more wear resistant?

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    What effect does the treatment have on gun "plastic" like a Kel-Tec P-11 pistol frame or a SUB2000 trigger assembly? Does it "harden" or make the material "stronger" or more wear resistant?

Good question, There has been research that shows that some plastics polymers, composites do benefit from a evening of the molecular structure. I have processed HK frames, Glock Frames, and Walther p99 Frames with no problems. However Glock magazines can crack during processing, therefore I do not guarantee these items and as a result I do not normally process these kinds of frames for customers. If a customer wants to process a Glock for example I would process the slide, barrel, and spring. I do from time to time process the polymer frames for customers that are aware that I cannot replace the frame if damaged and to this point I have had no polymer frames damaged during processing. Because I use a slower that most ascent/descent rate of 1/2 degree per minute this minimizes thermal shock which in this case is the reason for the concern. I can do other things that will also lessen the chances of thermal shock like where I position the item in the processor, high in the processor and away from the inlet. As long as the composite or polymer survives the process it will strengthen and do great afterwards. I am processing a Glock frame in the next cycle I run for a customer that has processed many Glocks with me in the past and I am not worried that there will be any problems. There are also many steel parts in the frame that will benefit from cryo processing. In conclusion the benefits of processing polymer frames may not be worth the risk of a possible failure so it is completely up to the owner of the firearm.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Thanks! When I recover from my present situation, expect some business from me including a Kel-Tec P-11 and some SUB2000 small parts and a complete Model 59 that I would like to keep alive as long as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom