POLL: One nation, under Obama

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • On a scale of 1-10, how much would things SUCK if Obama would win?

• Angels crapping solid gold - life is beautiful! :ghey:

Votes: 1 1.5%
    • And

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • so

• on

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • down

• to

Votes: 2 3.1%
    • total

Votes: 2 3.1%
    • complete

Votes: 5 7.7%
    • suckage and

Votes: 10 15.4%
    • The End Of The World As We Know It

Votes: 43 66.2%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    OK, here's the deal: This poll is for how much you think the nation would SUCK under the rule of (God forbid) an Obama administration.
    10 is the worst (most suckage) while 1 is the best (Obama would be great.)

A rough example:

10. Due to massive new spending and confiscatory taxes, our economy ceases to exist. The appointment of 2 ultra leftwing SCOTUS justices results in the overturning of Heller and the affirmation of the 2A as a collective right, only for established state NG units and LE. Firearms are outlawed and seized. Unlimited abortions, including partial-birth abortions, are affirmed by SCOTUS. After food and energy shortages, suppression of free speech, and several massive attacks carried out by foreign terrorists on US soil, civil war breaks out. In the ensuing chaos, and lacking the balls or ability to fight back, we are overrun by Russian and Chinese forces. It is the end of the United States as a nation, and ultimately the world.

9. Number 10 except for the foreign invasion.

And so on down in scale to...

1. Penguin's Utopia! Thanks to the wise and benevolent rule of Obama and the Democrats, taxes fall, everybody prospers, war and disease are gone, rainbows shine over green fields filled with flowers and bubbling streams of pure waters. Children frolic and sing with visions of gumdrops in their heads, while over all, angels soar, crapping tiny 24 karat golden, heart-shaped turds that rain down on the enlightened masses. The world is a wonderful place! :ghey:

If by some itty-bitty chance you think life might SUCK a teeny-weeny bit under Obama, feel free to expound your views.

Let's be civil, and have fun!

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Yeah, this isn't at all slanted.... I can see how desparate men are seeking desparate measures. No one, to include me, ever said that it would be utopia under Obama. I can see how my words might confuse you, so I tried to say it as simply as possible to keep that from happening. Sorry I might sound a little curt, but your unabashed embellishment of my words lends to that. How about you edit #10 to be gbundersea's version of how life will be...

Just looked at your poll. It appears to be as confusing as you are.

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    About an 8 if Obama wins and then we might get a great president in 4 years after he screws EVERYBODY except the nontax paying. Or he throws enough money into groups like Acorn and ruins enough middle class lives by taxing the (job creating rich) to put them in the lower class and make them dependant on him.

If MCcain wins it could be anywhere from a 4-6 depending how much across the isle crap he falls into like BUSH.

P.S. I also think Penguin is a conservative who is really just wanting to risk Obama gettting elected to swing the pendelum back to the RIGHT after all these Republicans esp. Bush and McCain swung way left opening the doors for a Liberal like Obama to seem mainstream. Im voting McCain becasue I dont like to gamble. But Mccain could swing us permenantly left as well as Obama. If Obama screws up we swing back right, If McCain does an OK job we still stay left and if he screws up Obama wont seem so bad for whats coming. Just my thoughts.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    P.S. I also think Penguin is a conservative who is really just wanting to risk Obama gettting elected to swing the pendelum back to the RIGHT after all these Republicans esp. Bush and McCain swung way left opening the doors for a Liberal like Obama to seem mainstream. Im voting McCain becasue I dont like to gamble. But Mccain could swing us permenantly left as well as Obama. If Obama screws up we swing back right, If McCain does an OK job we still stay left and if he screws up Obama wont seem so bad for whats coming. Just my thoughts.

You are probably the closest person to guess what I am and my position. Like I've said before, I am a libertarian. However, I've had enough with the Bush policies and do believe we need that hard swing to the left. Everything is cyclic. We need both parties (or in a utopian world, a libertarian) to bring this thing to the center. We can't have it too long either way or it all falls to ****.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Come on now Penguin... It's all in fun! :D
    I've actually kinda enjoyed our verbal repartee lately.

As for money and guns, I ain't got any. If I had any guns, I'd need them for the JBT's and raging masses during the suppression of "dissenters" and the civil war, then against the Russians and ChiComs. :squint:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    The only thing that has me concerned about BO is I feel he is going to really mess up our national security. The economy, guns, facing Mecca, etc... none of that bothers me as much as straight being invaded and him shrinking our military and opening our borders to all of the short and or skinny people around the world; because if they were fat they wouldn't come here because life is already ok for them.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    A man was seen carrying a sign that said "the end is near". People laughed and shook their heads as they passed him.

Then the end came and as they saw God descending to earth they recognized him as the one who had been carring the sign.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    A man was seen carrying a sign that said "the end is near". People laughed and shook their heads as they passed him.

Then the end came and as they saw God descending to earth they recognized him as the one who had been carring the sign.

Obvioulsy the world didn't end then, though. Or was that an analogy?

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    You are probably the closest person to guess what I am and my position. Like I've said before, I am a libertarian. However, I've had enough with the Bush policies and do believe we need that hard swing to the left. Everything is cyclic. We need both parties (or in a utopian world, a libertarian) to bring this thing to the center. We can't have it too long either way or it all falls to ****.

Libertarian FTW! :rockon:

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    I voted angels crapping gold, and here's why.

When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
    That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.
    Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpation's, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    It will be the perfect storm. Arms and ammunition are still plentiful on the open market. Buy now, or cry later. But an absent vote cast by your apathy is a vote for the other side.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    with a democratic house and senate and the prophet in office there will be no checks and balances........the end of the world as we know it

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    political-pictures-joe-biden-sarah-palin-nuclear-lolz.jpg

craftkr

Carpe Diem
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2007
    Rockport, Texas
    with a democratic house and senate and the prophet in office there will be no checks and balances........the end of the world as we know it

If he gets elected I hope he is bullet proof! I have a feeling that all hell will break out whether he wins or loses..... got ammo?

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I really don't care if anything happens to Him or any other Dem, but I sure hope no one shoots him. You cannot imagine the unmitigated **** we would have to go through. Ban on "assault weapons" would be the least of our problems. I would expect that they would seek to ban those deadly and dangerous "sniper rifles". You know the type - rifles with scopes that can shoot hundreds of yards. I am sorry if your deer gun falls into that category. Perhaps you can learn to shoot a bow.

The next 4 years should be really fun. Stock up on K-Y.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom