General Aviation Airport Coming to Livingston Parish.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    tax payers paying for something that isn't gonna be available to us, only cooperate and high $ people with privet planes...

this is the last thing Livingston needs..

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Right that’s more than a super center Walmart or Home Depot lol
    Yeah, so what are these 150 people going to be doing?

a few people in the flight tower, but they be full time?

i can see some full time security people, maybe a full time building/equipment maintenance person or 2. If they put up hangars then perhaps there will be some mechanics working on the planes? Maybe a full time person cutting the grass/cleaning the runway?

you cant count pilots, or anyone else in the planes as they are not related to the airport directly... Sounds like BS to me.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I won't argue whether it's a good idea or not but basing off the lakefront airport I can see close to that number of employees. Lakefront has a couple charter flight companies that hire pilots to fly for them. They also have mechanics and other employees that prep the private planes for flight. Then they have the helicopter rides. They have a coffee shop and a restaurant.

Then you have instructors that use it as well.

Also... Just like with any hobby, it cost money and if want it, then you'll save for it. I have a friend who is by no means "rich". He got his pilot's license and then bought him a plane. Him and his wife will take weekend trips hopping from one airport to another.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Yeah, so what are these 150 people going to be doing?

a few people in the flight tower, but they be full time?

i can see some full time security people, maybe a full time building/equipment maintenance person or 2. If they put up hangars then perhaps there will be some mechanics working on the planes? Maybe a full time person cutting the grass/cleaning the runway?

you cant count pilots, or anyone else in the planes as they are not related to the airport directly... Sounds like BS to me.
    Slidell has an airport that can handle corporate jets. I doubt there's more than 15 people there on a busy day. There is no control tower, security is by a gate with a keycode panel for which anyone can pass around the code, and the most business that passes through there is probably associated with the skydiving company on the weekends. It did, however, generate some sweet Homeland Security funded overtime after 9-11, sitting overnight in case a plane landed to note tail numbers and ID occupants, which never happened at night when I was working, but I watched a lot of movies on DVD, arrested a car thief that took a wrong turn one night, as well as a group of vehicle burglars who also missed their turn and got stopped. I've heard that people use the taxiway at night to see how fast new units accelerate, but I wouldn't know anything about that.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Kraut Said, I've heard that people use the taxiway at night to see how fast new units accelerate, but I wouldn't know anything about that.

Yea, Right.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Kraut Said, I've heard that people use the taxiway at night to see how fast new units accelerate, but I wouldn't know anything about that.

Yea, Right.
    I think LPSO just used I-12 I remember hearing WPD chasing a car that turned out to be a LPSO unit. He loved to fly so much he made him a pilot.

Top Bottom