Another L&S Convert(!)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PPBart

Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    My '07 Silverado has 80K miles, never any problems, and I intend to drive it for several more years. I recently took the truck to the dealer for routine oil/filter/rotate tires. Dealer service manager comes out and tells me that the steering rack is leaking, worn and needs replacement soon before it "seizes up". I told him I would think about it. After a bit of research I figured I needed a trustworthy second opinion and, based on recommendations from other BS members, took it to L&S on Jefferson. Vince put it on the lift and checked it over pretty thoroughly and gave me a lot of info about maintaining the truck long-term and specifically in support of just (for now) keeping an eye on the rack -- no danger of it seizing up(!) I was impressed with the shop and staff and Vince's willingness to advise/help, and even though I live in Watson I will certainly make L&S my first solution for future auto maint/repair needs.

Ironically, the day after Vince checked over my truck a friend of my wife was complaining that her car had a "worn steering gear" discovered by the dealer during a routine service, and she had authorized the shop to go ahead with the repair -- but was distressed over the cost ($1K+). I don't know what her vehicle is, nor anything about it's condition -- but maybe July is "Steering Rack Replacement" month for Chevy dealers? <g>

As I noted above, I live in Watson. However, my daughter lives in Prairieville and I often use the backroads going back & forth, so I've driven past L&S many times. Without the recommendations from BS members, I probably would never have stopped there -- so my thanks to those members!

Top Bottom