Best way to kill raccoons and opossums?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Is it trained to litter boxes yet? They'll go like 20-30ft for one, but past that it's a crapshoot. :D

Not yet. She just started using the bathroom on her own about a week ago. The wife was having to rub her with a wet q-tip to make he go. She also just started munching on crickets and mealworms.
    We have a cat that is an inside / outside cat, she stays inside a lot but also goes out to use the bathroom and hunt. I'm sure once we get a litter box, they will both end up using it. Hoping that the saying "like a possum eating sh!t" doesn't become a reality.
    The wife and daughter love it though and she's pretty chill. She likes to hang out in a hoodie, or even on top of your head.
    Drives the dog crazy though. If we have it out, the dog will be right there, staring at you and trying to get all in your face the whole time. Doesn't matter if it's an hour or more, she's right there, drives her nuts.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Not yet. She just started using the bathroom on her own about a week ago. The wife was having to rub her with a wet q-tip to make he go. She also just started munching on crickets and mealworms.
    We have a cat that is an inside / outside cat, she stays inside a lot but also goes out to use the bathroom and hunt. I'm sure once we get a litter box, they will both end up using it. Hoping that the saying "like a possum eating sh!t" doesn't become a reality.
    The wife and daughter love it though and she's pretty chill. She likes to hang out in a hoodie, or even on top of your head.
    Drives the dog crazy though. If we have it out, the dog will be right there, staring at you and trying to get all in your face the whole time. Doesn't matter if it's an hour or more, she's right there, drives her nuts.
    lol, just wait until she starts bathing y'all out of love and adoration. I fed the one I kept raw chicken thighs, random wet cat food leftovers(rarely), and fruit. You have to make sure they get to eat thin bone or they'll get a calcium deficiency disease and die. Chicken legs are cheaper, but they'll break opossum teeth and it's important to avoid that because of the limited care available for them. On that diet she will have a very thick and soft fur coat, and stay healthy fat.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I missed this thread along the way and only saw it now. I see a lot of people ranting about "save the opossums." I would suggest if you live around horses, save yourself the trouble and use the 22 on them. Equine protozoal myeloencephalitis is a neurologic disease in horses. It is usually spread through opossum waste that may be on grass or hay. We worked for 6 months to nurse a horse back from epm. The horse would walk around in circles because of muscle issues. Of course, that would tire him out so he'd lean up against a tree or the side of the barn if he could. He looked like he was always slowly falling and trying to catch himself so he would spin around. He could stand but he couldn't stand still. Feeding him was a challenge. We'd have to bring some food in a bucket out to him. We'd have to almost step in front of him as he was turning. I'd have to lean against him to give him some support so he could stop for a few bites. But he kept leaning into me more and more so I could only hold the 1000 lb horse up for so long. Then I had to move out of the way to keep from being pushed out of the way. I'd then have to catch him again when he turned around again and repeat the process until he had finished his food. I would gladly have traded all that work for a 6 cent 22lr round. He eventually recovered. Mostly. He only recovered to about 75-80% of where he started.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom