Dick's sporting goods

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

rpope46

Gun Toting Conservative
    Feb 4, 2009
    Walker
    I'm sure that many of you have already heard about this issue...but do I have grounds for suit or not????

On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 I went to Dick's Sporting Goods in Baton Rouge to take advantage of one of their "Black Friday" specials that they were offering. The item was a Troy 5.56 Carbine rifle that they were offering for 799.99. After paying for the firearm IN FULL, I was told that due to such a high demand for this item, it would be backordered and shipped to the store for pickup the following week. A week later (November 28), I called to check on my purchase, and was told that it had not arrived and would be here any day. On December 18, (four days after the Sandy Hook Tragedy), Dick's announced that they were suspending the sales of "certain" firearms. After calling my local retailer, as well as the corporate office, I was again reassured that all orders made prior to the suspension would be honored. This process continued Until December 22, whereby I was "guaranteed" a final time that all orders would be filled. On Christmas Eve, I received an overnighted priority envelope via UPS exclaiming that my order could not be fulfilled and that my money would be refunded. As a consolation, they included a gift card for my troubles in the amount of 100.00 (which I haven't used).

Based on my consumer/distributor contract (receipt) with Dick's Sporting Goods, I fully expected to receive my rifle. I purchased optics, ammunition, carrying cases, and other various accessories specifically designed for this gun. These purchases are now useless. I also purchased the firearm with my credit card. For 5 weeks it has been accruing interest, and I have even made a payment on the item. Dick's refunded the "purchase price" of the gun, but did not take into account these other expenses and troubles that I have been forced to endure. Finally, in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting, the prices of these rifles have skyrocketed. By holding my money for 5 weeks, Dick's has prevented me from purchasing one of these rifles at a "fair market" value from a competitor.

I have personally invested over $1500.00 into this failed project (not counting the gun). It was all done in good faith that Dick's Sporting Goods would uphold their end of a binding contract to which I fulfilled my end. I felt I was given the "run around" and was purposely lied to regarding the status of a rifle that I had a rightful claim to own.

O_R_B_1

Shooter
    Jul 2, 2007
    New Orleans, La.
    Sigh.......
    Anyone can sue anyone for anything. That being said, I believe that the "contract" or Bill of Sale would be considered a Conditional Bill of Sale, meaning you did not have the property at the time you had paid for it. It is up to the seller to provide said property at a later date.

A bill of sale is a legally binding document. It provides evidence of the sale of property. It CAN make an obligation for one of the parties to transfer the property. It may be necessary to get with an attorney if YOU feel that you have been wronged.

Personally, I would say "F YOU, DICKS!" and show my displeasure by never shopping there again. I would tell everyone I know to never step foot in Dicks again. They did give you a $100 gift card for your "time" but if you REALLY want to say F YOU, send it back with a letter attached saying F YOU. Send a letter to every officer of the company saying F YOU! Do you detect a pattern here?

They are a large chain and probably have several high paid lawyers on staff who they consulted before this move was made. If they said: "Cancel the orders. We're good," guess what? They are probably covered and you will blow an assload of time and money fighting this.

Take the extra $1500 you invested, go to AR15.com, sell the stuff for a drastically marked up price like everyone else and move on.

My dad and grandfather told me YEARS ago: "Son if it looks too good to be true, it is." I knew this would happen, selling a $1400 gun for $799.

That's all I got, sorry :( Hope it works out for you.

olivs260

Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I get the butthurt, but I don't see why you're complaining about the ammo/accessories that you can probably double your money on right now. Also, why do you expect anyone else to feel bad for you because you spent money you didn't have, and had to carry a balance on your credit card so now you owe interest?

alpinehyperlite

Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    They made right in the eyes of the law. They could/would not provide you with the services/product paid for, so the returnd the money in full. Even threw in a little extra.

J

jayd

Enough!
    Threads are closing, post getting deleted and the hammer is warming up, my pm box is full of butt hurt, whining and tattle telling

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom