issue resolved

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    On the 21st of April, I did a search for a trijicon SRO and found one listed fs by another member Sonyman74. I pm'ed him to see if it was still fs and he said it was for 400 shipped. I said Ill take it and send him payment via postal money order which he recieved and confirmed via PM on April 24th. I contacted him on 4/30 to tell him I had not recieved the SRO yet. He replied to my PM on 5/1 and he stated he couldnt get the sro off the slide and that he would have to get a gunsmith to get it off..He offered to send my money back if that was an issue. I immediately replied that I was skeptical of buying an electronic sight that need to bepossibly forcefully removed and i would prefer to just return my funds. He replied no problem on 5/1 and has not responded to any of my PMs requesting an update on my refund. He has been on the site several times and I know he has recieved my PM's as well as at least 1 mod/admin attempted contact. I dont believe he ever intended to send me the sight or refund my money. Anyone ever have to deal with a situation like this? Looking to get some ideas on path forward. Its $400 bucks, not alot of money I know, but its the principal of the matter...this is the original fs thread

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I would immediately go to the post office as well as the sheriffs office with all of your correspondence. File reports and contact him 1 more time with a 24 hour grace period before proceeding.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    First off $400 is a lot of money to me.
    I’d be pissed as I’m sure you are.
    Hopefully you get the answers you need to pursue this legally. Let this be a lesson don’t ever send over or hand over money without having the item first. The absolute only exception I would make to that is when dealing with a trusted individual such as a good friend or family.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Amazingly enough, the pics clearly show it detached from any weapon….
    That being said, the guy has been a member since 2007? Seems like he’d have a bunch of feedback by now. I definitely check feedback before dealing with folks.
    I shipped a mag to a long time member here who completely disappeared before sending payment. Didn’t hurt my financial situation but it really sucked to think I was helping someone out over their child needing something for Christmas and getting pwned in the process. Hope this guy comes around and does the right thing.
    Hate to pass judgement not knowing what is really up. Ya just never know, the dude may be MIA, in the clink, in a trauma bay or locked up on a psych ward for all we know and just worried sick about his reputation on Bayou Shooter going to 5hit.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I thrive on doing people right. I assure you that if you were dealing with me you'd be taken care of every step of the way.

There's only one member on this forum that I've been in a transaction with and they were done right by me. I will never have it any other way. I always try to "over-deliver" on my part.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    First off $400 is a lot of money to me.
    I’d be pissed as I’m sure you are.
    Hopefully you get the answers you need to pursue this legally. Let this be a lesson don’t ever send over or hand over money without having the item first. The absolute only exception I would make to that is when dealing with a trusted individual such as a good friend or family.
    I've bought things quite a few times like this, including on forums that I had just registered on, and have gotten some really some good deals, never any issues. You have to look at who it is that you are buying from. There is almost 0 risk when buying from an active, known member with transaction history, as long as you know what exactly you're buying, with detailed pictures and / or description. No one is going to send the item first and wait on payment, I know I wouldn't.

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    I would immediately go to the post office as well as the sheriffs office with all of your correspondence. File reports and contact him 1 more time with a 24 hour grace period before proceeding.
    Im going to meet up with law enforcement at the end of the week when Im off. The research I have done so far indicates that this could/should be a civil matter unless I could argue that sonyman74 never intended to send the sight to begin with...The picture in his ad clearly indicates that the sight was not attached to the slide, although one could argue when the pic was taken , the same could be said as having taken the pic to be deceptive, which is obviously what happened...I know alot of guys use digital payments, etc. but Ive bought and sold countless itmes online since the late 90's/early 2000's on ar15.com, glocktalk, sigforum, hkpro, benelliforums, snipershide (the old/original site..lol showing my age....)and have NEVER had an issue..Ive done countless deals with members on this site and with the exception of this instance, never had a problem. I think the worst part, for me anyway, is I have always had good luck and have never encountered a dishonorable person in literally 100's of transactions across numerous sites over the past 25 years until now.
    we'll see.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I've bought things quite a few times like this, including on forums that I had just registered on, and have gotten some really some good deals, never any issues. You have to look at who it is that you are buying from. There is almost 0 risk when buying from an active, known member with transaction history, as long as you know what exactly you're buying, with detailed pictures and / or description. No one is going to send the item first and wait on payment, I know I wouldn't.
    We just had a pretty popular member here who sells often that had his account hacked. That was like what a month or two ago? If that’s a risk you’re willing to take go for it but personally I would establish some sort of relationship with the individual before sending them money. I get what you’re saying though just my $1.02

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Im going to meet up with law enforcement at the end of the week when Im off. The research I have done so far indicates that this could/should be a civil matter unless I could argue that sonyman74 never intended to send the sight to begin with...The picture in his ad clearly indicates that the sight was not attached to the slide, although one could argue when the pic was taken , the same could be said as having taken the pic to be deceptive, which is obviously what happened...I know alot of guys use digital payments, etc. but Ive bought and sold countless itmes online since the late 90's/early 2000's on ar15.com, glocktalk, sigforum, hkpro, benelliforums, snipershide (the old/original site..lol showing my age....)and have NEVER had an issue..Ive done countless deals with members on this site and with the exception of this instance, never had a problem. I think the worst part, for me anyway, is I have always had good luck and have never encountered a dishonorable person in literally 100's of transactions across numerous sites over the past 25 years until now.
    we'll see.
    Good luck man I hope everything goes well for you. I was talking to a friend not too long ago about something similar. I wonder how many folks with previous good transaction histories all of a sudden decided they are ready to up and vanish with someone’s money. Hopefully this isn’t a common occurrence.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    In the picture, the mounting screws in the kit still have the factory installed thread locker. If it was mounted before the picture was taken, he didn't use those screws. He has 8 feedback scores, all good, but as someone else stated, this account could have been hacked.
    Did you send the MO to a physical address or a P.O. Box? If it is a physical address, go on Google Earth and type in the address in the search box. It will show you the front of the building and give you a better idea of what you are dealing with.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    In the picture, the mounting screws in the kit still have the factory installed thread locker. If it was mounted before the picture was taken, he didn't use those screws. He has 8 feedback scores, all good, but as someone else stated, this account could have been hacked.
    Did you send the MO to a physical address or a P.O. Box? If it is a physical address, go on Google Earth and type in the address in the search box. It will show you the front of the building and give you a better idea of what you are dealing with.
    Good point I would be back tracking his address… reverse look up, via public records for voters id, property tax, google; Facebook comments ect… should be able to get quite a bit of free info that way

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    One of his posts has him needing to sell stuff because he hurt his back and not working.

Is the adress in the same city/town he has in his profile?

Scrape

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2024
    French Settlement
    A few months ago I made a couple purchases from him. I met him off I-49. Items were as described. Decently priced. He showed up on time we jawed for a while. I got no bad vibes. Seemed grounded and well versed in weapons. He did say he’d been out of work due to his back for sometime and just moved.

Sorry to hear of such a deal gone south. Hopefully it gets cleared up. He was on this site yesterday.
    Scrape

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    I sent it to his physical address..
    I sent several PM's as did admin., no response. He checks this site daily..

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    One of his posts has him needing to sell stuff because he hurt his back and not working.

Is the adress in the same city/town he has in his profile?
    address is the same. I understand sometimes life happens and unfortunate things happen, he could have just shipped the item I bought from him and we would have both got what we wanted. Problem here is, at this point I dont believe he ever actually intended to ship the sro

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom