Optics Planet, thought I would share. Update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drago

Mar 14, 2012
    Denham Springs
    The wife bought me a Ruger 22/45 threaded barrel handgun for Christmas and after a couple of cheap-o red dots I desided I would spend some money on a better one. Settled on the Burris fastfire III and ordered from Optics Planet. Got an email a few days later saying it would be a month before they got any in and gave a recommendation for a aimshot pro. Called them on the phone and asked about the aimshot and ended up changing the order after the salesman said "if it wasn't what I wanted I could return it". Got it in, opened the box and realized this thing is a monster, a AR style reflex sight. Put it back in the box, got an RMA, and sent it back.

Received an email saying that they were not excepting the return. Called and they said the sight had been mounted, used, even scratched, and that I put paint on it to try and cover it up. Really? It is not possible to talk to a "return agent" on the phone, only salesman. After a few days going back and forth and bit of arguing they would not budge. I filed a dispute with my credit card company so we will see what happens. If I had something to put it on I would ask for it back and not go through all of this crap.

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Ive delt with OpticsPlanet a couple of times and they were straight forward sales.
    A few days ago I bought a mag carrier and IWB holster and recieved them today.

Last edited:

Drago

Mar 14, 2012
    Denham Springs
    It wasn't the ordering part I am having problems with, it was the return. Them claiming that I used it and not letting me exchange it back to the burris and now being out the $195

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    Listen to what he is saying....
    He got what he ordered but after it arrived he wanted to return it due to size not being compatible.
    That is where the problem is, not ordering.....the RETURNING.
    I understand your frustration, they will tell you anything to sell you something but try to return it and it is a whole other story as to why it is your fault that it cannot be returned.

Drago

Mar 14, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Update:

I should first admit that some of this problem is my fault. Lesson 1, had I given this item a good look over like I should have I probably would have seen issues with it, contacted the seller, and addressed my concerns with it the day it arrived. I did not look at it that close and just packed it back up, leaving myself without a fighting chance. If you haven't learned this lesson yet then learn from me.

With that out of the way, someone at Optics Planet cared enough to do some investigating. This is their response "The same model scope was returned to our warehouse from another customer just weeks before your order and even though our process is to always inspect returned merchandise, I cannot avoid the possibility that that customer’s return was not properly inspected prior to being put back to stock and may have ended up getting shipped out to you.". They fixed everything and then some. Lesson 2, sometimes it takes speaking to someone different before throwing your hands in the air. They might not know what a 3 MOA dot is but they care enough to help.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I have used Optics Planet and their subsidary DVOR on many occassions with absolutely no problems. HOWEVER, my last two orders are not going as well.

1.) Ordered a Galco holster on 6-26-2012 and received an email update stating that it would be shipped in 2 to 3 days. (no mention was made that it was unavailable). Just checked this morning and was told their supplier had it and would be shipped in 2 to 3 weeks...........

2. Ordered $303.92 worth of merchandise yesterday. Website has a coupon for $30 OFF on orders OVER $250. (subject to restrictions) I entered the coupon code and did not receive the $30 credit so I called customer service. The CSR said that their are not allowed to discount Galco products, but this is not mentioned ANY WHERE on their website. When I mentioned that they show discounts for Galco holsters on their website, he just stuttered,stammered and could not answer. So they DO DISCOUNT Galco products. Which is it then?

I am beginning to see some deception in their advertising on their website, so just be aware. :draw:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom