S&S Tactial Slidell,La.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Col_Sanders

Oct 24, 2010
    Deridder
    Dont waste your time.

I was in town for a couple weeks and wanted to get a couple lowers while I could since I refuse to buy from the pawn shop up here. I went in the S&S shop just before closing on a Saturday and he and his (I'm assuming) wife were nice and the prices were reasonable. He did not have any stripped lowers in stock but I took a business card, as he said he would do a transfer for $30.

Out of several phone calls and several messages left over a 3-4 day period, I was able to get him on the phone once. I left multiple messages on voicemail and also a couple with his wife and another guy. The one time I did get to speak with him, he said he would call me right back because he had someone else wanting the same lower and he was thinking about ordering some to keep in the store. I was in a bit of a time crunch and told him I could order mine and pay for overnight shipping or I would pay extra for shipping if he ordered them and got one for the other guy. I tried calling several more times over the next couple days and left another message or 2 with his wife, yet I never heard from him.

Shitty way to start a business IMO.

todbnla

Spendasauris
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    Dont waste your time.

I was in town for a couple weeks and wanted to get a couple lowers while I could since I refuse to buy from the pawn shop up here. I went in the S&S shop just before closing on a Saturday and he and his (I'm assuming) wife were nice and the prices were reasonable. He did not have any stripped lowers in stock but I took a business card, as he said he would do a transfer for $30.

Out of several phone calls and several messages left over a 3-4 day period, I was able to get him on the phone once. I left multiple messages on voicemail and also a couple with his wife and another guy. The one time I did get to speak with him, he said he would call me right back because he had someone else wanting the same lower and he was thinking about ordering some to keep in the store. I was in a bit of a time crunch and told him I could order mine and pay for overnight shipping or I would pay extra for shipping if he ordered them and got one for the other guy. I tried calling several more times over the next couple days and left another message or 2 with his wife, yet I never heard from him.

Shitty way to start a business IMO.

Wont last long, IMHO.
    PS; luv your original receipe...LOL

blackboltss

Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    I stopped by on sunday ( closed sunday and monday) and looked inside. Looked pretty nice, have not had a chance to go in yet.

LNSvince

May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    IF its just him and his wife, I guarantee you that he is just busy and under a lot of pressure to get things up and running.
    Be patient grasshopper.

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    I stopped by for a visit shortly after he opened to say hello, he was very nice to talk with. He was still waiting on things to come in. I asked about transfers and he did say that he was going to be at $30. That was nice to hear since the compitition across town takes $40.

I wish him and his wife good success! :)

Col_Sanders

Oct 24, 2010
    Deridder
    IF its just him and his wife, I guarantee you that he is just busy and under a lot of pressure to get things up and running.
    Be patient grasshopper.

There was at least one other guy there. Also, it takes 2 minutes to make a call and only a few more to fax an FFL to Brownells. I could have (and should have) just quit waiting on him when apparently he didnt want my business, but I was trying to help the guy out and give them a few of my dollars because he was nice and just starting up.

lilshaunsdad

Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    I stopped by there Tuesday during the business hours that were posted and nobody was home. Guess they are still getting settled in?

blackboltss

Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Just stopped by, talked to Michael he is a really nice guy. They are still trying to get things up and running, the owner of the building is still getting a lot of his old stuff out. I will be doing business with him in the future. He has a nice selection of new glocks and good prices.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom