Tactical Operations.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Anyone have any experience with tactical operations rifles? I'm looking specifically at the xray in .300wm. http://www.tacticaloperations.com/xrayseries/
    I know they're going to be pricey, but for something that I plan to keep for a long long long time, the cost may very well be worth it.

Mikes rifles are some of the best in the world. I have shot the Tango-51 and the X-Ray. Both are unbelievable in every way. The attention to detail, the way they shoot and the way they feel.

Give Mike a Call. 310-275-8797 He usually takes calls all the way till 11PM or so Cali time.

He is always more than willing to talk to you about your needs or just shoot the bull for a little while. I have had several conversations with him and his knowledge is unbelievable when it comes to rifles.

If you have the money and want a fine rifle, you will not be disappointed.

They GUARANTEE 1/4 MOA and they really do deliver it. If you have any questions about their performance you can find tons of TAC OPS threads on Snipercentral.com

Here are a couple to get you started.

http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32344&highlight=xray

http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27900&highlight=xray

http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27216&highlight=xray

Last edited:

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Thanks. I'm actually on sniper central as well. I've only great things about his rifles, but I figured one more set opinions couldn't hurt. I'm going to give him a call tonight to set something up. I hate to part with money at all, but for something that seems to be this good, I have a feeling I wont want or need another rifle for quite some time.

whbonney26

Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Thanks. I'm actually on sniper central as well. I've only great things about his rifles, but I figured one more set opinions couldn't hurt. I'm going to give him a call tonight to set something up. I hate to part with money at all, but for something that seems to be this good, I have a feeling I wont want or need another rifle for quite some time.

The reason so many good things are said is because the rifles are great. I have had a little trigger time behind a few and they all shot better than I could. I dont think you would be unhappy if accurate rifles are what you dig. Mike goes out of his way and his customer service is second to none.

smboudreaux

Jan 8, 2010
    Addis, La
    do some digging on snipershide. tons of reviews. all great. i dont think i've read a bad review about his rifles or customer service

ajt2341

Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Oh it's not in yet. Mike's taking it to test fire tomorrow, so hopefully it's sent in about a week. I'll be picking up it Christmas eve when i make it back home.

ajt2341

Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA

The timeline was insane, 32 months, but it's a great shooting rifle. The target that Mike shot with it before he sent it off showed .032" at 110 yards. I brought it to Sherburne today and shot a sub MOA group at 100 yards without any trouble. I don't have any of that nice measuring equipment to figure it out exactly. Honestly I ordered it when I was in Iraq and had the money burning a hole in my pocket. I might not get rid of it ever, but I'm thinking I should have spent a bit less on the rifle and bought more ammunition to practice with.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom