PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where I can buy 'ZOMBIE' arrows?

Ijaw
January 24th, 2013, 12:46 PM
As for arrow choices, I have some variations depending on a ZOMBIE apocalypse. For example, in a ZOMBIE apocalypse, I'm looking for a volume of speed, as opposed to heavier arrows. They have better stopping power and are more reliable because in a ZOMBIE situation, stopping power is not an issue. Either you penetrated the skull and scrambled the brains or you did'nt ... Your thoughts? :D

CrkdLtr
January 24th, 2013, 01:40 PM
As for arrow choices, I have some variations depending on a ZOMBIE apocalypse. For example, in a ZOMBIE apocalypse, I'm looking for a volume of speed, as opposed to heavier arrows. They have better stopping power and are more reliable because in a ZOMBIE situation, stopping power is not an issue. Either you penetrated the skull and scrambled the brains or you did'nt ... Your thoughts? :D

If you're worried about penetration then you need more kinetic energy from your arrow. So you'll probably want a heavier arrow and heavy broadhead. See what kind of bolts Daryl is using in Walking Dead. Seems to be working well for him. :)

cbr900son
January 28th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Yeah it is all about kinetic energy. There are calculators online using poundage, speed, and arrow weight.

LACamper
January 28th, 2013, 08:12 PM
I still want a set of oak arrows for the added weight and strength...

For zombies I want some that explode on impact. :)

GaryCCR
January 28th, 2013, 09:37 PM
I'm pretty sure you can get some tactical/SWAT bolts or arrows and spray-paint them lime-green because apparently zombies are repelled by lime green I guess. Or maybe, they are color-blind and they don't see the lime-green? If they do see color then I have no idea why everything that says "Zombie" has to be the absolute most visible color...

returningliberty
January 28th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I'm pretty sure you can get some tactical/SWAT bolts or arrows and spray-paint them lime-green because apparently zombies are repelled by lime green I guess. Or maybe, they are color-blind and they don't see the lime-green? If they do see color then I have no idea why everything that says "Zombie" has to be the absolute most visible color...

They make tactical arrows?

GaryCCR
January 28th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I was kinda joking but I wouldn't be surprised if Horton put "TACTICAL" on a pack of bolts, put on some "STEALTH" fletchings and doubled the price. LOL.

CrkdLtr
January 29th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Wouldn't be too difficult to buy some carbon arrows and glue on some lime green and black fletchings and then you'll have some Hornady Zombie Max Arrows/Bolts. Just make sure to use a black, or lime green, fixed bladed broad head. Something in the 1" cutting diameter since you are going for head shots. Hell, field tips may be better since they're cheap, redily available and aren't screwed if you lose one of them vs. a hunting broad head.

:D

Tx_oil
January 29th, 2013, 07:32 AM
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu27/tx_oil/100_3598.jpg

See? Just paint ANYTHING lime green and it magically becomes ZOMBIE ready!
My plain old boring workaday Para Ordnance and Kershaw folder have now become "Mega Zombie TactiKool Apocalypse ReadySurvival Gear"

Just look at the label of a can of lime green DupliCiolor High Heat engine enamel...it says "transforms anytning it touches into deathproof zombie combatting tools'o doom"

Ske1etor
January 29th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Anything carbon, painted lime green (duh) with a two blade Magnus Buzzcut on the end... those things are nasty. lol

Super tacti-cool archery gear... just don't shoot a crossbow, those aren't for real zombie hunters, those are for FUDD's..

oleheat
January 29th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Hmmm...I wonder how "Swackers" would work against re-animated flesh? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/images/smilies/emoticons/hmmm9uh.gif

Ske1etor
January 30th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Hmmm...I wonder how "Swackers" would work against re-animated flesh? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/images/smilies/emoticons/hmmm9uh.gif

They work against plywood and steel drums!... and everyone knows that plywood and steel drums are the best media to test for something that may need to penetrate zombie skulls.

CptWyrm
February 19th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I think if you want the long range fire of walking dead you should attach the +1 flight of fantasy and roll 1d20 to crit.
Now in a situation of probability... a bow would still be used to hunt game. Considering to dispatch a zombie you would have to hit a socket shot or a hit the head at the base of the spine through the opened mouth..
Which at close range would probably be easier to just stab. Then you would have to either sanitize or toss the arrow for the risk of cross contamination, or infection of later targets.
Consulting my :Zombie survival guide by Max Brooks: it is recommended making the arrows incendiary, and with crossbows the reload time would put you at more of a risk in a horde situation.
Myself, Bow= food silently, so, arrows for food, crowbar for zombies.