PDA

View Full Version : DoubleStar Group Buy Drama

CajunTim
January 20th, 2009, 05:43 PM
:oBrief update.....

Doublestar is wanting to increase my price $8 each which means I lose several thousand dollars on the deal. I allready called Lisa today and she is having Jesse call me. The price increase is per Theresa. I will give a detailed explination tonight.

Work with me here folks....

http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19928&page=78

Let me know if you want your money back. Other than that standby and possibly expect to pay an additional $8per. Simply let me know if you are in or out and I will see how fast I can get you your money if you opt out.

Thanks

Next time I try to do a group buy point me to these threads.;)

rockmup
January 20th, 2009, 05:46 PM
What a joke. You couldn't pay me to take one of their products now. Ever. Pretty chicken scratch if you ask me.

JadeRaven
January 20th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Wow!

Do they realize the format of the purchase? Are they just dicks?

I guess I'll stay in it. Or whatever the majority wants to do or is easiest for you.

McMedic
January 20th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I'll stay in.

May not be able to get them at all before long.

nikolai
January 20th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Seems like there's drama around every corner with the buy. If the price goes up, I'd like to get out.

Rahllin
January 20th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I'll stay in.

CajunTim
January 20th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Seems like there's drama around every corner with the buy. If the price goes up, I'd like to get out.

I understand, it has not been a relaxing time with this buy. I know you have been in since the beginning and appreciate it. I have done my best to keep everyone informed so that way no one comes to me and says they were blind sided by any information as I am getting it out to ya'll as soon as I can. At least this way we get blind sided together.

Patience is a virtue well I utilize that enough in my life to where I shouldnt have to while trying to enjoy my hobby:rofl:

Thanks everyone

If someone wants out it wont bother me, I have nothing to gain or lose from this. I will stay in with my 10(long story I didnt want that many but accepted payment then placed the order and found out someone was underage so I am purchasing those) until it really gets stupid, but hopefully cooler heads will prevail and we will et them in and soon.

I think what it is boiling down to is DS knows they can sell them at a higher price than these were locked in for and an extra 4,000 at $20 more per to others will pay someones salary. That is enough to pay mine and someone else too. SO I think they are taking on a bad business practice but it is supply and demand and hopefully they will honor their word. I have been disgusted with this since I read it this morning.

edman87k5
January 20th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I will stay in so long as I am not the only one. Just let us know when we need to send the additional $.
Thanks for all your trouble, I am sure this is very aggrivating for you.

Splash
January 20th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I'll stay in

CajunTim
January 20th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I will stay in so long as I am not the only one. Just let us know when we need to send the additional $.
Thanks for all your trouble, I am sure this is very aggrivating for you.

Hopefully they get it resolved and we dont have to send additional monies; but if/when that time comes I will let everyone know.

nikolai
January 20th, 2009, 07:45 PM
There was a valid point made on 191a4 about this increase. Someone on there contacted the supplier that provides DS with the lowers and they indicated that at that large of a quantity, the price would have gone down rather than up. The price we are paying is for a run of 100 lowers, rather than the 4000 ordered. If DS is shady now, who's to say they won't continue to delay the delivery so they can sell the supply to regular customers at twice the price.

ajt2341
January 20th, 2009, 07:58 PM
http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21907

CajunTim
January 20th, 2009, 08:00 PM
http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21907

Just coming to post that

There was a valid point made on 191a4 about this increase. Someone on there contacted the supplier that provides DS with the lowers and they indicated that at that large of a quantity, the price would have gone down rather than up. The price we are paying is for a run of 100 lowers, rather than the 4000 ordered. If DS is shady now, who's to say they won't continue to delay the delivery so they can sell the supply to regular customers at twice the price.

Who knows

ajt2341
January 20th, 2009, 08:03 PM
$6 more to continue with DS. But he doesn't want money until he makes his decision on DS after this weekend.

ajt2341
January 20th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Honestly this is a lot of trouble for 2 little receivers I ordered. I'd HATE to back out of anything I've committed to, and $12-$16 extra isn't a huge deal to me. I'm more concerned with the time frame. I knew a couple of months was expected but now that I know I'll be leaving at the end of feb I'm feeling certain that they wont come in on time for me to even be able to pick them up. On top of that I'm sure I could've found 2 lowers somewhere else by now, even 1 in hand at double the price is better then 2 that I might see in a few more months. I'd also hate to give DS any of my money after all of this BS.

If he manages to find another manufacturer or keep the price from going up then I'll stick. But if he stays with DS and the price goes up I'm going to have to back out. Sorry if this causes you any problems.

CajunTim
January 20th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Wouldnt put me in a bind at this point, if it takes longer and everyone want their money back at the same time then we will have to wait for him to send us a check as he has explained in the thread. So if you are contemplating backing out I would say go for it now as I expect the price to increase at this point.

Sorry again.

CajunTim
January 20th, 2009, 09:07 PM
BTT

Just wanting everyone involved to see this thread

Heading to bed will respond in the morning. This getting old stuff sucks. Ok maybe it is the 70 mile 1way to work when I have to be there for 7am.

Nick
January 21st, 2009, 09:00 AM
Hey Tim, just let me know if you need any extra for the two I have on order.

If you want someone to take two more off your excess that you accidentally got stuck with let me know, I'll take some more. After that I'm done with DoubleStar. Would it be legal to remove the manufacturer's logo from the receiver after I get it?

PearlsLSU
January 21st, 2009, 09:10 AM
still in Tim.

diat150
January 21st, 2009, 11:47 AM
glad I got out early. it just didnt seem organized on anyone above tim's part. tim did a great job, but he can only do so much.

nikolai
January 21st, 2009, 12:06 PM
glad I got out early. it just didnt seem organized on anyone above tim's part. tim did a great job, but he can only do so much.

It's not. The guy running the buy is WAY in over his head and has been since the get-go.

Narco
January 21st, 2009, 12:08 PM
I am sick of the drama, and they can't even keep the site up. WTF is with that. **** DS

CajunTim
January 21st, 2009, 05:50 PM
Ok I have refunded everyone who has PM me and asked me too. If I dont hear from you by the morning I am assuming you are still in and are willing to pay the $6-8 per. After tomorrow it will be a pain in the ass to get a refund as we will have to go through this guy to get individuals monies back.

Thanks

meauxcg
January 21st, 2009, 11:06 PM
someone call the ****ing factory... I'll drive up there and pick them all up in person for everyone. =

JadeRaven
January 21st, 2009, 11:59 PM
Money has been refunded. Thanks again Tim for putting this on, and thanks for the effort anyway :)

rockmup
January 22nd, 2009, 05:09 AM
Just so you know the price increase is not only for the group buys. They have increased the price of back orders going all the way back to September even. They can get away with it because they don't charge until they ship.

They're response to telling them you are thinking about canceling the order ............."Go ahead, we've got 4000 behind you"

Forked up way to do business IMHOP

nikolai
January 22nd, 2009, 07:01 AM
They are only sealing their fate as a business later on IMO. They are all banking on the AWB being permanent. If it's not or never happens, then they are screwing themselves.

mcinfantry
January 22nd, 2009, 07:28 AM
They are only sealing their fate as a business later on IMO. They are all banking on the AWB being permanent. If it's not or never happens, then they are screwing themselves.

no they arent. people in the united states have forgot sept 11th. if they can forget that, magazine price increase is nothing.

swagge1
January 22nd, 2009, 07:40 AM
Still in.

CajunTim
January 22nd, 2009, 06:06 PM
Ok guys for those who have requested refunds I put checks in the mail today to you, for others I refunded by PayPal.

If you want refunds send me PMs or you are on board if I dont hear from you by the morning.

Just making sure everyone is on board and those who arent, which is understood, gets there money back before I add to the order which I want to do tomorrow.

Thanks

Quas
January 22nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
Ok guys for those who have requested refunds I put checks in the mail today to you, for others I refunded by PayPal.

If you want refunds send me PMs or you are on board if I dont hear from you by the morning.

Just making sure everyone is on board and those who arent, which is understood, gets there money back before I add to the order which I want to do tomorrow.

Thanks

I'm game Tim, and if this guy turns out to be a hoax I have friends in the SS that are willing to go after him. I'm already getting checks from the US DA as of now from a 4 year old eBay fraud. I can pass this info to the SS agent if need be and he will track down a local SS agent to go after him.

Before anyone says the FBI should be contacted, I was contacted by the SS when everything I had tried was exhausted. FBI would do nothing but say go to your bank. It had been past the 90 days so bank could do nothing. It threw me for a loop when I had messages from the SS on my VM, lol. I knew I had never made a threat on the .gov :p

CajunTim
January 23rd, 2009, 07:10 AM
Hopefully it wont come to that and we have our recievers in the next 30-60 days.

Not taking anymore orders or issuing anymore refunds at this time. If someone is dead set on getting a refund from here on out, I will deal with it then.

Thanks

I will post a complete list of everyone who is in at this point it is a total of 52 receivers at some point this weekend if not tonight in a different thread.

Nick
January 23rd, 2009, 09:28 AM
thanks for the update and thanks for all of the work on your part Tim.
Just let me know how much if any additional that I owe you when the final outcome is decided.

VM 2
January 23rd, 2009, 05:29 PM
If someone decides they want a refund, PM me. I will pay for your spot in line

CajunTim
January 25th, 2009, 02:13 PM
thanks for the update and thanks for all of the work on your part Tim.
Just let me know how much if any additional that I owe you when the final outcome is decided.

We owe an additional $6 per for the most part. Some owe $5 but for simplicity and since it is only a few it is $6 per.

Since I am going to have to mail him another check#3 I might as well accept more orders for receivers.

They are going to be $100 per that should cover $90 price tag the $6 markup shipping and insurance.

If you could please get me the monies in ASAP it would be appreciated so that I can send him off a check when I get back in town on Friday.

Unfortunately I dont have the extra $300 to spot everyone on this.

Everyone who is in as of now know how to get me payment. New buyers please PM for payment options.

No need to send PP fees on $6 if you go that route.

We should know more tomorrow on an estimated date of delivery, hopefully.

whttnbrg
January 30th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Is it to late to get in on this deal?

CajunTim
January 30th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Not if you are willing to do a FTF or a PayPal transaction PM me for more details if willing to get me the funds by one of the above ways.

Thanks

LongRange
January 30th, 2009, 08:24 PM
tim, what you got that people want out of i might take the ftf on a few , i can also paypal.

CajunTim
January 30th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I will keep you posted.

Thanks

McMedic
February 1st, 2009, 08:28 PM
TIm,

I'd also be interested in a a FTF extra if available.

Thanks

CajunTim
February 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
As of now they are all accounted for.