PDA

View Full Version : Best Night Sites??

hatred
February 16th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Going with a new G23 but want to add night sites. Which brand is the best?

LouisianaCarry
February 16th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Ok, I definitely have an opinion on this one.

If you can be VERY careful not to get solvents on them, the TRUGLO TFOs are by far the brightest, I would say. However, I have ruined two from letting solvent get on the fibers.

I have (because of that) switched to Meprolights. Meps and Trijicons are both good sights, but they do not transition to all lights as well as the TFOs.

This is assuming you want the standard rear notch/front post configuration. There are some combat speed sights nowadays that get you a better flash picture, while possibly sacrificing some accuracy.

Nomad, 2nd
February 17th, 2008, 12:15 AM
XS Big Dots.

On the run, one handed, during force on force...

At 100 yards you can hit a chest sized target...
(Little harder, I'm not to the point where I cna do it on my first shot, but totally doable.)

I'll be happy to let you try out my 19 with Big Dots at the Stenis range some time....

topgunz1
February 17th, 2008, 05:02 AM
i have some trijicon's from Ameriglow on both of my glocks, I love 'em

swagge1
February 17th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Ok, I definitely have an opinion on this one.

If you can be VERY careful not to get solvents on them, the TRUGLO TFOs are by far the brightest, I would say. However, I have ruined two from letting solvent get on the fibers.

I have (because of that) switched to Meprolights. Meps and Trijicons are both good sights, but they do not transition to all lights as well as the TFOs.

This is assuming you want the standard rear notch/front post configuration. There are some combat speed sights nowadays that get you a better flash picture, while possibly sacrificing some accuracy.

Which solvents in particular? Do you mean like bore cleaner, or any solvent such as Break Free or Rem oil?

dragginaknee
February 17th, 2008, 07:19 AM
i like my trijjicon's

ta2d_cop
February 17th, 2008, 11:00 AM
i like my trijjicon's

+ 1,000,000

13 year guarantee, easy to install, nice and bright, and they donate a % of all their sales to the Wounded Warrior Project.

I have Trijicons on everything but my Kimbers (they come with Meprolites) and love em.

dragginaknee,

Are you on days or nights? You better get your ass in bed or do some work!:fawk::naughty:

LouisianaCarry
February 17th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Trij uses a synthetic emerald to cap their gas chambers. Pretty cool. I would have actually gotten them, but I bought the Meps as an impulse buy at my range.

Re: solvents- for me, it was brake cleaner type things (actually, Rusty Duck Gun Action Cleaner, which is a more expensive version of the same thing). I tried not to let it get on the sights, but inevevitably it happens, unless you just do the whole slide with a Q-tip.

It sucks, because I don't think ANY sights are as bright in all lights as the TRUGLO TFOs. Day or night, those dots really radiate.

dragginaknee
February 18th, 2008, 01:55 AM
dragginaknee,

Are you on days or nights? You better get your ass in bed or do some work!:fawk::naughty:

nights!! why work when i can get other people to do it?

Narco
February 18th, 2008, 07:38 AM
XS I have them on my 34.

Ske1etor
February 18th, 2008, 08:16 AM
One more for Meprolight...