PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 days left to opening of Archery season... Who's ready?

CrkdLtr
September 22nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
I'm beginning to regret not having gotten ready physically for this but everything else is in check. Found a couple good spots. Going back up the day before to drop off and secure my stand and will hunt Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. :eek3:

BRMedic
September 22nd, 2009, 08:12 AM
ive been fletching/Repairs like a madman at home and at work between calls im ready this year(i hope)

CrkdLtr
September 22nd, 2009, 08:50 AM
ive been fletching/Repairs like a madman at home and at work between calls im ready this year(i hope)

Doing your hunting on public or private?

BRMedic
September 22nd, 2009, 08:56 AM
Private near minden and in texas w/ my father and some friends. Texas is a new lease that started up this year no ones hunted it in years and looks very promising

Hitman
September 22nd, 2009, 09:05 AM
It's been open for us since Saturday :D

CrkdLtr
September 22nd, 2009, 09:27 AM
It's been open for us since Saturday :D

:ohreally: Area 3 and 8 hunters need not respond. :ohreally:

:p

Splash
September 22nd, 2009, 10:39 AM
:ohreally: Area 3 and 8 hunters need not respond. :ohreally:

:p

Dont worry you didnt miss much, atleast under my stand anyways

Ske1etor
September 22nd, 2009, 10:55 AM
I really want to get into bowhunting but think I would need quite a bit of practice before taking my skills into the woods. oh yeah... and I need a bow. lol

Actually been looking at a few different ones to not break the bank.

They have a Parker Extreme Ultra-Lite 31 package on sale at www.huntersfriend.com that I have been looking at... just don't have the money right now to take the plunge.

CrkdLtr
September 22nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
I really want to get into bowhunting but think I would need quite a bit of practice before taking my skills into the woods. oh yeah... and I need a bow. lol

Actually been looking at a few different ones to not break the bank.

They have a Parker Extreme Ultra-Lite 31 package on sale at www.huntersfriend.com that I have been looking at... just don't have the money right now to take the plunge.

Sell a gun. :D

Ske1etor
September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Sell a gun. :D

I cannot, as I only have the bare minimums of guns. One hunting rifle, one shotgtun, one .22 rifle, one .22 pistol and one carry gun. :(

I am working on it though. :)

stancel
September 22nd, 2009, 12:58 PM
Found a couple spots on the Pearl River, a few in the WMA and a couple in Big Branch. Now the question is....where am I going to go opening day??? I can live with not seeing a deer, but having other hunters walk in on me ruins my day.

CrkdLtr
September 23rd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Getting some feedback from seasoned hunters saying that opening weekend to bow season can be hazardous due to squirrel hunters.

Just curious if anyone here can relate to that or not?

Cookoff
September 23rd, 2009, 05:55 PM
JUst to let all the Bow hunters aware, I have 2 Barnett crossbows one is very old the other is very new , and i like it a lot , but the old one ,broke a part on it ,so i brought it to Bowie Outfitters in Baton Rouge and the young man told me that Barnett was out off business and no longer made Bows ,and I needed to purchase a new bow ,well barnett is not out off business. I hate People who lie....

CZowner07
September 23rd, 2009, 06:04 PM
I'm in area 6 and bow doesnt open until Oct 1st, Primative opens Nov 14, and rifle opens Nov 21.

yamatitan
September 23rd, 2009, 07:01 PM
JUst to let all the Bow hunters aware, I have 2 Barnett crossbows one is very old the other is very new , and i like it a lot , but the old one ,broke a part on it ,so i brought it to Bowie Outfitters in Baton Rouge and the young man told me that Barnett was out off business and no longer made Bows ,and I needed to purchase a new bow ,well barnett is not out off business. I hate People who lie....

Most of the guys at bowie's hate crossbows and want nothing to do with them.

cajun 22
September 23rd, 2009, 07:08 PM
Food plots planted last weekend, limbs cleared, arrows razor sharp, and ready for the 1st.

jphilp87
September 23rd, 2009, 10:25 PM
I'm hunting in McComb Miss. (Or close to it). I need to do some target practice and get some good arrow heads.

I cant wait!

CrkdLtr
September 28th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Less than 4 days to go.

Bearco
September 28th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I broke out in hives this morning, it must have been b/c I am itching so bad for Thursday morning.

kajuntriton
September 29th, 2009, 04:28 PM
All ready for day break Oct 1. I am hoping not to need it but planning on an all day 13 hour + all day stand!

Bearco
September 29th, 2009, 05:30 PM
hung my bow stand this morning

Bearco
October 1st, 2009, 03:29 AM
:rockon: It is here!

BRMedic
October 7th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Bagged a ~125 lb doe with my 68 inch long bow and some homemade arrows from about 35 yds. hell of alotta fun.

CrkdLtr
October 7th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Bagged a ~125 lb doe with my 68 inch long bow and some homemade arrows from about 35 yds. hell of alotta fun.

Congrats, can't say I'm not jealous... :squint: :D

Darrell
October 9th, 2009, 09:52 AM

nice! we went out friday morning on base in belle chasee (where we do most of our hunting). No hunting wed n thurs on base, so friday was our day.

Friday morning - torrential downpour till about 8 AM, so went out around 830, sat in my climber and only had racoons around me. Dad was in the tripod across the road about 50 yds away, arrowed a ~170 lb boar. Overall good, as he saw 4 does within 100 yds of our stands as he headed to his.

That evening, nothing.

Sat morning I went out alone, he had Drill. Saw nothing and hung our new trail cam.

I am impressed by these trailcams already! What have we been missing out on!

We have numerous pics of hogs, a few does, and finally on like the 4th day it was in the woods, got a picture of a nice lil 6, maybe even small 8 point on camera! The flash scared him of course, but hopefully that doesn't completely sppok them, I doubt it does.

So good signs! Looking forward to sat n sun morning hunts!

That 2week buck only rule is killin us though haha

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/8163/img0325.jpg (http://img86.imageshack.us/i/img0325.jpg/)