PDA

View Full Version : Spanky's Range Diary

spanky
June 14th, 2010, 07:02 AM
6/10 - Baton Rouge (Precision).

Went to do some live fire practice which I, unfortunately, much never do much of due to a number of things.

I brought my G19, G34, Edge & S&W 642.

Shot about 100-150 rounds with each of the autoloaders on the plate rack to warm up. I think it's no surprise that I did progressively better with the 34 than the 19 and the Edge than the 34.

Then I went to the other side and shot on paper. Started out with some dot transition drills and walkback. I realized on the walkback that I was drifting shots left with my weak hand. I adjusted my trigger finger and grip and got them back on.

I then shot the Dot Torture with the 19, 34 and Edge. I dropped two with the 19, one with the 34 and zero with the edge.

After that I had 45 rounds of .40 left (I had to buy a box at precision to finish dot torture with the edge). I sent an IPSC target out to the end (45 feet?) and shot it reasonably fast. Not blazing fast but pretty much as quick as I could get back on the sights. There were a couple guys to the right of me "teaching" this girl how to shoot so I stopped shooting a few times when they were talking out of courtesy. Anyway, all said and done there were 2 D, 3 C and 40 A on the target.

spanky
June 14th, 2010, 07:03 AM
6/13/10 - Poplarville

Temp - Approximately 11ty Hundred Degrees

Division - Limited

Results - 3rd Limited (12 total), two stage wins and 10th overall (36 total).

Classifier was Classifier CM09-04 - Pucker Factor (Link) (http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/09-04.pdf)

Drew to the far target and worked my way in. Down 4 pts (2 B, 2 C) @ 4.59 Sec = 7.8431 HF.

It was hot as shit and I felt like the heat was really effecting my performance but, ironically, the last two stages we shot I came out 1st Limited.

The other 3 were all simply state planning mistakes. PPPPPP and all that. On one of the stages I didn't get the kind of walkthrough I would have liked and was just too slow. On another, I picked a spot that seemed more advantageous to engage an array of targets but it put me at an odd angle on a steel plate that subsequently ate my lunch. On stage 3 I had a decent plan but two many shots on steel left me with a standing empty chamber reload.

More stuff to improve upon.

Next week is EAPS. Not sure if I'll shoot Limited or Production but probably Production so I can bring my Edge to Daniel to swap out the front sight, "fix" the ambidextrous safety and swap out the trigger bar.

jmcrawf1
June 14th, 2010, 07:48 AM
You're scaring me bro. You talk about that edge with starry eyes. Don't succumb to the 1911 kool aid :D

spanky
June 14th, 2010, 08:12 AM
You're scaring me bro. You talk about that edge with starry eyes. Don't succumb to the 1911 kool aid :D

Lies. :o

lilbeauxdawg
June 14th, 2010, 08:34 AM
U need to bring the edge to eaps so we can all have googley eyes at it 8)