PDA

View Full Version : Update on Stormrider54

stormrider54
April 17th, 2012, 09:35 PM
To those of you who are shootin' friends with my husband, my name is Lori. I just wanted to let you know that Mike had a stroke on April 4. We went to ochsner for removal of 2 kidney stones, and blood vessels burst in his brain because his blood pressure spiked. He was in ICU then on another floor in New Orleans. Now he is in the Rehabilitation Unit at our Lady of the Lake Hospital for speech, physical, and occupational therapy every day. His right side was affected; they are teaching him, however, to strengthen his muscles, balance himself, etc. After he is discharged in a week or two, he will receive outpatient therapy==not sure where yet--probably Baton Rouge.

Both of our children flew home to be with him, and that made him very happy. He saw our grandson, JT, for the first time and fell in love! They live in South Korea and returned this morning. My daughter and granddaughter are also here from Kansas; they'll be here a few more days.

I will try to keep you updated if i see any response.

Sincerely,
Lori Garrett

Sugarbug
April 17th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Wow, Lori. I'm new here and don't know your husband yet, but he will be in my prayers as well as the prayers of all the other members here, I'm sure. Glad he is doing better and pray he makes a complete recovery.

S&W4ME
April 17th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Will keep Mike in my thoughts and prayers

Russo
April 17th, 2012, 09:50 PM
the family here is with him!

gbundersea
April 17th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Tell Mike hello, and that prayers and wishes for a fast recovery have been sent!

chootem
April 17th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Will keep Mike in my thoughts and prayers
+1

jro6803
April 17th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Wow! As others have said before me, I will keep Mike in my thoughts and prayers.

SVTFreak
April 17th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Prayers sent!

Booseman
April 17th, 2012, 10:26 PM
He will be in my prayers.

king4456
April 17th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I met Mike at Walgreens in Prairieville after the last gun and knife show at Lamar Dixon. He was wearing his Bayou Shooter shirt he had just purchased at the show. We spoke at length while I waited for some pictures to be developed, and he told me about his kidney stones and his concerns about what was gonna happen since he couldn't pass the stones. Wow I hate to hear about his condition. Get well soon brother!

lost
April 17th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Prayers sent!

dwsonar
April 18th, 2012, 03:34 AM
This is the first I hear of this. Hope you heal quickly, so we can get that ride we had been talking about. I'm leaving today for Florida, some of those miles will be for you.

jayd
April 18th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Hang in there Mike

Gus McCrae
April 18th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Prayers sent for Mike and your family.

rockmup
April 18th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Thoughts and prayers sent

LACamper
April 18th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Tell him we're thinking about him and hope to see him back on the range again soon!

Hitman
April 18th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Lori thank you so much for thinking about us enough to post on here.

You guys will defintely be in our prayers.

Let us know if there's anything we can help with.

spanky
April 18th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Yes, definitely thanks for posting and letting us know what's going on. You all will be in our prayers.

Bearco
April 18th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Thanks for letting us know; prayers sent

BOSS351
April 18th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Thoughts and prayers sent to you and Mike from another former Westbanker living in Ascension....
Get well soon buddy!!

whitsend
April 18th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Thoughts and prayers.
Get back quick.

JWG223
April 18th, 2012, 07:08 AM
To those of you who are shootin' friends with my husband, my name is Lori. I just wanted to let you know that Mike had a stroke on April 4. We went to ochsner for removal of 2 kidney stones, and blood vessels burst in his brain because his blood pressure spiked. He was in ICU then on another floor in New Orleans. Now he is in the Rehabilitation Unit at our Lady of the Lake Hospital for speech, physical, and occupational therapy every day. His right side was affected; they are teaching him, however, to strengthen his muscles, balance himself, etc. After he is discharged in a week or two, he will receive outpatient therapy==not sure where yet--probably Baton Rouge.

Both of our children flew home to be with him, and that made him very happy. He saw our grandson, JT, for the first time and fell in love! They live in South Korea and returned this morning. My daughter and granddaughter are also here from Kansas; they'll be here a few more days.

I will try to keep you updated if i see any response.

Sincerely,
Lori Garrett

I'm sorry to hear this. I think CVA's are some of the most frustrating things. Encourage him to be patient and slow-and-steady, just keep moving forward and sometimes that means slowly.

Here's to hoping for a quick and full recovery and many more years of vitality!

Jester
April 18th, 2012, 07:37 AM
My prayers are with you and your family.
God, we ask for the touch of your hand in this, and for the peace that only your presence brings.

Mike

gmshooter
April 18th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Prayers sent.

Renegade
April 18th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Praying for you, Mike!

oleheat
April 18th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Very sorry to hear this....We will keep you and Mike in our prayers, Lori.

May he have a swift recovery- please keep us posted.

-Sam

13f3p
April 18th, 2012, 02:43 PM
our prayers are with both of you. do you need anything?help? chow?errands?

VeedUp
April 18th, 2012, 03:29 PM
He will definitely be in our prayers, and tell him keep his head up it will get better. My father went through the same thing and is still recovering from a stroke he had at the hospital last beginning of last year. It's hard, but takes time. My father is driving and getting around and speaking better than ever, he still gets confused sometimes with names but he's getting back to 100% faster than we thought he would.

MRBULLRED
April 18th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Prayers sent!! Praying for a speedy recovery!!

bearfutedninja
April 18th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Prayers sent!! Praying for a speedy recovery!!+1