PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone hunt today?

CZowner07
December 11th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I wonder how the deer reacted to the snow. I wonder if they bedded down, or started moving.

dzelenka
December 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Because they never see snow down here, they will typically bed down.

Bearco
December 11th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I wish I was. I had a conference call @ AM this morning, so I could not go. Unable to hunt this afternoon too :(
I will check my camera this weekend and see if anything moved by it today. I would be interested to see results of other members cameras as well.

penguin
December 11th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Because they never see snow down here, they will typically bed down.

I remember growing up in MS and we were hunting near Ellisville. It had snowed (one of those rare times) and there were does everywhere foraging. I'm not sure if they were confused of just hungry after a long day+night of it snowing. Didn't bag any. I was consigned to having just a .410 :(

CrkdLtr
December 11th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Negative. But I will be in my stand tomorrow afternoon. :D

CajunTim
December 11th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I would be interested to see results of other members cameras as well.

I took mine down as I knew/know it will be a while before I get back in the woods

Bearco
December 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I took mine down as I knew/know it will be a while before I get back in the woods

you quit hunting? It is just heating up in this part of the woods.

CajunTim
December 11th, 2008, 02:39 PM
you quit hunting? It is just heating up in this part of the woods.

Haven't quit hunting yet, last weekend was an all weekend bachelor party, this weekend I'm babysitting, and doing Christmas stuff, following weekend I am going to try to make it out there. So I just new it was going to be three weeks in between so I pulled it out for now.

Bearco
December 11th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Haven't quit hunting yet, last weekend was an all weekend bachelor party, this weekend I'm babysitting, and doing Christmas stuff, following weekend I am going to try to make it out there. So I just new it was going to be three weeks in between so I pulled it out for now.

Oh, I am in the same boat you are right now, having trouble finding time to get out there.

CrkdLtr
December 11th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Tell you guys what, I got the time and the tags... i just don't have the place to go. Y'all set me up somewhere and I'll split the meat? :)

lost
December 11th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I was going to go this morning after dropping the kids off, but when they closed the schools it kind of messed things up. I geuss it's a good thing the kids were out though. We ended up with rain and sleet rather than actual snow, and I usually won't bow hunt when it's that wet (can't see the blood on the wet leaves).

I'll try again tommorrow and then make evening rifle hunts this weekend.

Nick
December 11th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I wasn't out there, but I'm sure they reacted the same way they always do when I'm not there and ran around like a bunch of fools... damn deer just don't like to show up when I'm on stand.

Garra
December 11th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Just got back...did an afternoon hunt.

Was up around Labeaux, which still had alot more snow on the ground than around Lafayette did.

Didnt see squat. Hopefully hitting another spot tomorrow afternoon.

owen502
December 11th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Went this evening. Saw a few deer. One I had a shot at, but she was kinda smallish. More movement than I have been seeing. Not sure it snowed that far south though (Lafitte).