When to go deer hunting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    So my choices are either Tomorrow morning 12/29 or Tuesday morning by looking at the weather and whatever else good hunters look at and only having one day to go. Which day would you go? Corn was last put out yesterday evening.

Thanks

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Can I ask why you would believe they would be moving more on Monday vs Tuesday?
    See the wife is off tomorrow so we can spend the day together then I can go hunting Tuesday while she is at work. But if my chances are better at shooting a deer tomorrow I will go tomorrow if the logic is there.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Rain all day and part the night they were probably bedded down the hole time, plus no moon so they cant feed at night that easily, weather clears up their more likely to move in the morning, I'm not a big hunter but that is what I'd do

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I've hunted the past two days w/o seeing any deer. How about you Tim?

I've hunted the entire seeing and all I have seen (mammal) was a raccoon to include the past two days. I am moving spots and bringing a climber, I inherited thanks to my brother leaving the country, in the morning. Wish me luck as I have never used a climber before, I did get about 5 feet off the ground just to familiarize myself with it; but cold and 5:30am doesn't seem like it is going to be much fun; plus it isn't as comfortable as my box stand and all that has is a wooden bench seat. Oh and my back hurts like hell from the long days. I am going Thursday, Friday, and Sunday too and I will start going after work in the evenings, I need a deer damnit. :rofl:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Do yourself a favor and use a safety rope tied to the tree while using a climber. I know of more than one person who has fallen.

I did and had the same results of nothing this morning you know what I did manage to do was drop my gloves on the way up and they stayed on the ground till I came down:o

Also my brand new ThermaCell has worked once only I put a new thing of fuel in it and it wont light:mad:

Trying to decide if I am going to go hunt by work in the morning but that is 70 miles away on the road with late night drunks so I might just sleep in as the property next to where I hunt in Abita is having a big fireworks event or something tonight.

Top Bottom