unhappy with fox labs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    i bought a couple of fox labs key chain pepper sprays for walking my dogs(due to loose aggressive dogs in my area).

today is the first i have had to use it. i started spraying a running pit at about 10', the stream didnt even make it 5'(when the dog hit the stream it just tumbled to the ground like it had been stomped). i sprayed for about 3 seconds. i was very disappointed at the weak stream, until i looked at bottle.

my hand, keys, and pepperspray bottle were all dripping with the crap.

so im 2 miles from my house, walking 2 dogs, with 1 hand, because i cant really do anything else with my other one as its full of pepper spray and soaked keys.

when i got home i took the bottle out of the carrier and the cap pretty much fell off.

im glad i used this one instead of my gf really needing it.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I've been giving away Freeze+P to women for a few years now. I avoid the ones with the pretty containers and all that crap. I keep it simple and safe. I'm not familiar with Fox but I won't be buying it anytime soon.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have seen too many crack heads not respond to Pepper Spray. In the Winn-Dixie Parking lot in Denham they had two crack heads fighting, the cops unloaded a can on them, didn't do a thing. The only thing that worked was waiting for them to take each other out. Lead and copper ever since.

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I have experience with Sabre Red Crossfire 5.0 and Freeze +p as recent as two days ago. The freeze +p was definitely hotter longer but I believe the Sabre Red Cross fire was a better distance shooter. I know in the training before getting sprayed the Sabre Red had an effective distance of 20ft and Freeze+p was 10ft-12ft. I'll see if I can find a link for the specific can we used.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Any pepper spray you have, test it periodically to make sure the propellant is still good. There are expiration dates on the bottles! The contents don't expire, pepper stays hot regardless, but over time the propellant can go bad or leak out.

Find a clear area and spray, make sure you are UPWIND!!!! if distance is satisfactory, wash your hands and carry on. If not, replace your can.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    the cans are less than 2 months old. we tested one of the refills when we got it, and it sprayed well.

im assuming when they put the spray in the holder it unseated the nozzle causing the issue.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Wasp spray will knock down a grizzly, Everyone one else will have to go to the E.R.

Doesn't really fit in a pocket too well though. If you're going to carry something that big then might as well...

original_image.png

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Well By Golly..That's more like it !!! The wasp spray has deluted nerve agent's in it...Someone's going to the E.R.

I've heard the wasp spray thing for years. I've somewhat peppered myself with it a few times every spring when the wasp start setting up shop in my chimney. The little mist I get hit with doesn't seem noticable, but I've never blasted the hell out of my self in the face either. If they made a smaller "travel size" wasp spray, I'm sure people would be all over it.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I have a brother up in Wasilla Ak...All the local's have switched over to wasp spray...Ya never know what's in the dumpster when you take out the trash.

I've heard the wasp spray thing for years. I've somewhat peppered myself with it a few times every spring when the wasp start setting up shop in my chimney. The little mist I get hit with doesn't seem noticable, but I've never blasted the hell out of my self in the face either. If they made a smaller "travel size" wasp spray, I'm sure people would be all over it.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    There is some liability from using the wasp spray as it was not meant to be used for that.. and you are setting yourself up for a civil suit if you dont kill the guy.. that being said, I would use anything and everything available to defend myself but stating it here or going out with the bug spray isnt smart..
    Fox labs refills are junk.. only buy the can or lock ons if you need them.. dont use the reusable holster... it will leak or spray you on hot days.. but trust me, the fox labs is hot, but flammable... thats why many departments went to freeze plus P since they can use tasers afterwards..

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yeah, Your correct, I believe that the warning was put on to stop druggie's from sniffing it or what ever they do...I don't think it's stopped two many from abusing the stuff.

There is some liability from using the wasp spray as it was not meant to be used for that.. and you are setting yourself up for a civil suit if you dont kill the guy.. that being said, I would use anything and everything available to defend myself but stating it here or going out with the bug spray isnt smart..
    Fox labs refills are junk.. only buy the can or lock ons if you need them.. dont use the reusable holster... it will leak or spray you on hot days.. but trust me, the fox labs is hot, but flammable... thats why many departments went to freeze plus P since they can use tasers afterwards..

Top Bottom