WTB concealable carry piece for wife

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    NEVERMIND, PICKED SOMETING UP ALREADY, THANKS FOR LOOKING!

Looking for something compact for the wife. She wants a Beretta Marshall Stampede, but I don't have that budgeted right now. Her 45 Colt knockoff is no longer reliable, so I just want to pick something up for her to keep with her in the mean time.

She prefers revolvers (stainless or color cased), and likes something with some weight to it, but I just want something reliable and inexpensive. I participate in the S&W boycott, but other than that I am open to most brands. Oh, would really like something in NWLA, since she will want to see it first, and lots of gas would eat into the whole inexpensive aspect of the deal.

No .380s or smaller, please. .357, 9mm, 45 ACP, 40, 45 Colt preferred.

Hoping to find something in the $300 range. If I don't find something this week, I will probably find something at the Gun Show next weekend.

I would jump on that XD4O, if it wasn't a full size and far away.

(just noticed the rules say I need contact info on here besides PM, so you can click here if you want to)

Last edited:

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    The cylinder is not rotating/locking up correctly. Potentially quite dangerous, if it were to be just far enough out of alignment that it stuck the edge of the primer, but was not lined up with the barrel. I dismantled it, and noticed a couple worn parts that might need to be replaced, but I am not sure I want to put a bunch of time/money into a knockoff.

jeremyws1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Ruston, LA
    I participate in the S&W boycott, but other than that I am open to most brands.

Blasphemy! :D

bug.gif

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Nevermind, everyone. I am an impulse buyer. I couldn't wait. Stopped by Clark's Guns in Bossier City this morning and picked up a used (but cared for) Taurus 5 shot DA .44 Spcl this morning for $300. Don't know if that was a good deal or not, but it fit the bill and it was there.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    If you have a C&R lisence, look at the CZ-82 (9x18). I bought mine for $200 from AIM Surplus and it was in great condition and has quickly become one of my favorite CCWs. If you don't have a C&R, get your local FFL to order a CZ-82 for you.

Thanks, I will check it out for future reference. I have my FFL paperwork all filled out, just haven't sent them the check, yet.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom