Concealed Carry Hypothetical Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    After much research and reading this: https://legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=78739

I can't find anything stating anything about on private property or in the home. I will be writing Barry Ivey on this and seeing what we can do about it. I've always concealed while on a tractor bush hogging on private property to keep the gun clean and dust/debris free, also while hunting to keep my rifle from clanging against it... The workplace is another valid point. I always thought I was well within my right, which I was apparently wrong about. There were a lot of good points brought up in this thread. I feel the need to contact my representative on this and I encourage others to do the same! I think Barry would take this seriously and would actually act on it since he's brought up constitutional carry before. I implore you to do the same!

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/...weighs-permitless-concealed-carry-amendment/#

Email: iveyb@legis.la.gov

Will anyone join me on pushing the issue?

ETA: If I can't tuck a pistol in my waistband to answer MY door after a random knock I wasn't expecting, then something is seriously wrong!

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Why not just write the LA attorney general's office, give him all your examples, and ask for an opinion? Everyone else on this board has already given their opinion might as well get one that carries some weight.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.*

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Why not just write the LA attorney general's office, give him all your examples, and ask for an opinion? Everyone else on this board has already given their opinion might as well get one that carries some weight.

Great idea

ConstituentServices@ag.louisiana.gov

Also these guys are usually on the front lines against draconian legislation:

https://www.nraila.org/contact-nra-ila/

They may have something to say concerning the wording of these laws.

I'll do my part but I won't be till late tonight. Who else?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

I think only a elected official or something like that is the only way to get the AG's opinion.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I think only a elected official or something like that is the only way to get the AG's opinion.

I don't know the rules. You are probably correct but if half of the Shooters who come here requested information it would be seen as a public outcry for an expansion.

We could throw our individual rep's on the list of people we are requesting clarification from and fuel a grassroots effort to fix the laws one way or another.

Top Bottom